The Boardwalk Santa Cruz, California

When I started planning this trip to California, I knew I wanted to take my children to Santa Cruz as I have so many magical memories of it from my childhood.  The Boardwalk still stands, but the wooden boardwalk is gone replaced by concrete. Many of the shops filled with cheap junk are gone replaced by food stands with just anything your heart desires in terms of carnival food such as corn dogs as long as a football field, donuts the size of your head, deep-fried Oreos, slurries, and corn on the cob dripping with butter or Parmesan cheese.  We skipped on the junk food and ate our picnic lunch of watermelon, grapes, and sandwiches with cold lemonade.  After riding a few rides, we spent the afternoon at the beach.  Have I told you how much I adore the beach? Well, maybe not the sand, but I love that the children never seem to get bored when they are at the beach.  The girls are getting braver each time we go and are at least letting the water touch their feet.  They are scared of the waves.  When we went back to the hotel the children fell fast asleep with sand still in their hair and ears.  It was a good day!














Comments

Le monde dÖ said…
wÖw!!! What a nice series!!!
Anonymous said…
yes, wow. all these images are wonderful :)
Holly said…
Iv'e been following your California adventures and glad you finally made it to Santa Cruz. We went on 4th of July weekend. We missed each other by a few days. Now I'm inspired to post the rest of my trip photos. Great photos! Here's the first post of our trip http://gypsyspiritrising.blogspot.com/2015/07/4th-of-july-weekend-in-santa-cruz.html, I'm off to get the beach post together. I love that your header is the boardwalk, I hope your having safe and fun travels.
Leggio said…
Your visiting all the places where I grew up going. So so fun. I remember Santa cruz Boardwalk vividly. Are yall going to Monterrey and Carmel? Those are some of my favorites. The Monterrey Bay Aquarium is awesome.

Popular Posts