Pikes Market

Hi!  As you can see from my previous post on Chilhuly, I am home. Spent 4 wonderful days in Seattle with my good friend Jennifer and her family.  What is amazing is that it doesn't matter how long we haven't seen each other, but we are able to pick up right where we left off. I sure do hope they will come to Germany this summer.  Anyhow, I flew into Seattle on Tuesday morning and after picking up my rental car I drove into the city.  Jennifer had some engagements she couldn't get out of and honestly it didn't matter because Seattle is such an incredible city that it was fun to have some time to just explore.  My initial plans were to go to the Seattle Art Museum, but when I was looked at the website, I didn't realize that they were also closed on Tuesdays. I was looking forward to seeing the Seeing Nature Collection owned by Paul Allen. Having not eaten breakfast I was hungry so I walked a block over and went to Pikes Market where I proceeded to search for lunch. The great thing about Pikes is that you can easily pick up a bowl of Seattle's famous clam chowder from Ivar's, a pint of fresh berries, a wonderful German lunch of sausages, or in my case a yummy grilled cheese sandwich from just across the street at Beecher's.  Their mac and cheese is phenomenal too, but this time I just couldn't resist the combination of the cheese and sourdough bread. It is tulip season right now and the flower stalls were filled with the most amazing bouquets, and the smell of lilac is pretty close to heaven in my books. After lunch, I went back to my car and headed out to West Seattle my old stomping grounds and was pleasantly surprised by all the changes and construction that have taken place since my last visit a couple years ago.  Sadly, my favorite bakery was no longer there.  Apparently, they have moved to a new location. I walked along the beach for a little bit before heading to Jennifer's. I was happy to call it a day as I had woke up at the crack of dawn and the 3 hour time difference was telling me it was almost time to go to bed.  Hope to see you back in a couple of days!  I have more photos to share with you from my trip! See you soon!!!!













Comments

DUTA said…
Markets are always the best part of a visit to a town. The fast food one can get there is always delicious.
I made my first visit to Seattle last year and really enjoyed all the sights there! Pikes Market was fun!
shayndel said…
Looks like a great trip! Thanks for sharing the sights and scents, especially the lilac:)!! Surprisingly some of the views of the waterfront with the Ferris Wheel remind me of Japan cities, and passing the Ferris Wheels in some of Tokyo areas!! Blessings!
csuhpat1 said…
I so love Pikes Place. I always love going down below. That is where the fun is. I lived in Seattle many years ago and still miss it.
Michelle B said…
I have never been to Seattle. It is on my bucket list. Thank you for taking me there today. I am guessing my favorite Starbucks coffee, Pikes Place, is named after the Pike Market. :)
Mandy said…
Thanks for sharing your pics of Pike's Market. I'd love to visit sometime in the future. I've only ever heard good things about it. Your pictures and experience only serve to suggest that what I've heard is correct!

With Love,
Mandy
koi seo said…
it's looks like a great trip, the pic showing about the markets that have alot of fresh vegetable. thanks for sharing us a good post

Gclub
บาคาร่า
จีคลับ

Popular Posts