Ballard Locks and a visit to Molly Moons

As you can see, I wasn't kidding when I said it has been busy around here!  I am still catching up on these Seattle Post and to be honest I can't believe in two weeks I will be in Germany.  Excited and terrified at the same time as this is the longest I have lived outside of the United States and in a country where the language is not my mother tongue. One afternoon, while my friend and her daughter were taking an art class I decided to go see the Ballard Locks.  Can you believe all the times I have been to Seattle and living there for 4 years and I have never been? So so fascinating!  Go into the visitor center and watch the movie on how the locks came about. It is fun to watch the boats move from one body of water to another and even more, fun to watch the fish climb the fish ladder.  If you are visiting Seattle and have little ones they will love visiting the locks. While you are at it stop by one of the restaurants in the vicinity and either have the fish tacos or clam chowder.  I love fish tacos! After eating a yummy fish dinner find your way to Molly Moons in the U District where you will find the creamiest ice cream with unique flavors.












Comments

My dad has always been fascinated by boats, and I grew up about 2 hours outside of Seattle, so we definitely visited these locks when I was a kid. :-)
Rhonda Albom said…
This looks like a good side trip while in Seattle. I enjoyed the locks and fish ladders in Scotland and the Panama Canal locks so Ballard Locks would fit right in for me.
Jim said…
This is one of my favorite places in Seattle. I could watch the boats and the fish for hours! I guess I'm a little crazy that way. Thanks for the travel inspiration! #wkendtravelinspiration

Popular Posts