Vegas

 We decided to continue farther west to Vegas since it is so close to St. George.  I am not a gambler, but I thought it would be fun for the kids to see.  We arrived just around dinner time and headed to the Bellagio.  We walked around for about an hour, but the restaurants were expensive and it was hot.  So we headed to Henderson where our hotel was and got some pizza at Blaze Pizza.  Addy had found this famous doughnut shop on Tik Tok and so when we got up on Saturday morning we drove to the store to get some.  It is famous!  The line was out the door and around the corner.  We got our doughnuts and they were delicious.  Sadly, on the way home the battery died in the car along with the alternator.  I was thankful that at least I could get it to the repair shop.  My mom and the kids took an Uber into the city and got lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe while I waited for the car to be repaired.  Finally, around 6:30 they finished the car.  We got some dinner and drove out to this art installation called Seven Magic Mountains.  Only a couple of kids got out of the car because the rest thought it was stupid.  I can't win them all.  On Sunday morning it was time to leave; however, before heading back to Provo, Utah we went to the Hoover Dam which was fun to see.  I am glad we went, but to be honest I don't need to go back to Vegas.  I am not really sure what attracts people to go over and over again. My kids felt the same way.  The only thing I a bummed that we didn't get to see was the Neon Sign Museum.  We just ran out of time due to the car breaking down.















                                                      Cafe Lola and Saint Honore Doughnuts
                                        Addy got the Unicorn Hot Coco and I got the Unicorn Lemonade










Rondinone’s Seven Magic Mountains can be described as “seven towers of colorful, stacked boulders standing more than thirty feet high,” right smack in the Nevada desert. “The location is physically and symbolically midway between the natural and the artificial,” said the artist. “The natural is expressed by the mountain ranges, desert, and Jean Dry Lake backdrop, while the artificial is expressed by the highway and the flow of traffic between Los Angeles and Las Vegas.


                                                                Freemont Street or Old Vegas







We stopped in St. George on the way home for dinner and swung by the St. George Temple.  So pretty!









Comments

Dearest Kelleyn,
Too bad your battery and alternator gave up...
But those Seven Magic Mountains would not be worth my time.
Their color disturbs the natural environment as well.
Glad you got to see the Hoover Dam! We saw it before completion and then years later did the tour.
Hugs,
Mariette
William Kendall said…
Those fountains are likely as much as I'd ever want to see out of Vegas.

Popular Posts