Stewart Falls


 










Utah has many wonderful hikes.  Shortly before we left Utah, we chose to hike to Stewart Falls.  I love waterfalls.  I am what I call a waterfall chaser.  Located in the Provo Canyon near Sundance it is a 3.5-mile hike.  The website for Hikes of Utah classifies it as an easy hike, but I would say more moderate.  If you aren't used to the elevation it can be challenging this year due to many avalanches multiple trees were blocking the train so one had to traverse the logs to get around them. Another element that made this hike more difficult was despite going early in the morning it was in the middle 80s and by the time we finished we were looking at 104 degrees. It was so hot. I thought I was going to die.  We sadly didn't bring enough water with us and only due to the kindness of some strangers did I make it because they had given me one of their extra water bottles. The hike was beautiful and I am grateful we went.

Comments

Popular Posts