Movie Day


 

Since Covid, we haven't been to very many movies.  I think that holds true for many others as well as the theater was empty.  We had the whole theater to ourselves.  The girls thought that was pretty cool.  I am not sure if it is the high cost of going, easy access to streaming, or just the lack of good movies to see.  Maybe it is a combination of all of the above.  Anyway, Addy and Roman choose not to go with us as the movie in the words of Addy is "too babyish!"  We loved the movie!  I had heard some negative things, but those comments did not hold true and we enjoyed the storyline.  The movie is about the life of an immigrant and how that unfolds for the following generations.  

Other shows or movies I have been watching this summer are The Forgotten Battle which takes place in Holland.  It is about a big battle that changed events on the Dutch front when Canadian forces were able to defeat the Germans.  The story is told in Dutch with English subtitles and part English for when English is being spoken.  I really enjoyed the story.  This can be found on Netflix.  Also found on Netflix is a story called All Quiet on the Western Front.  A German movie about WWI is told from the German perspective.  I did not enjoy this story as much.  I watched at the suggestion of my husband.  The reason why I didn't like this story as much as there wasn't as much character development.  Maybe this was on purpose to depict the horrific events that took place at that time; however, I didn't need to watch another war movie to understand how horrible it was.  Wish they had developed the main characters more.  Also at the suggestion of my husband, I watched Arnold also found on Netflix.  While most of his story I had heard bits and pieces about him, it was interesting to see all of his history in one fluid retelling.  I did enjoy this documentary.  The final show that I am still watching is the TV series, Outlander.  If you haven't heard about it, it is about a woman who is on vacation visiting Druid Stones.  Next, she finds herself back in time about two hundred years. Not knowing if she will return to her current time period she ends up falling in love.  I am currently on season 7.  The series is based on a book series but does not follow the book 100%.  Well, I need to go.  We are heading out to the Rodeo and I need to get ready.  Stay tuned for more adventures here in Utah.

Comments

William Kendall said…
I went to see a movie recently for just the second time since Covid broke out

Popular Posts