Forever Family Day!

Sunday turned into a very long day.  I left the hotel in Hong Kong around 9:30 and checked-in and went through security to only find out that my plane was delayed by an hour.  I arrived in Zhengzhou around 4:30 in the afternoon making it through costumes just a little after 5 p.m.  Vivienne and the other CCAI representatives were there along with the rest of my travel group.  9 other families here in Henan  and three in other provinces making a total of 12 families all together.  We then drove to the hotel which should have been only an hour but ended up taking almost 2 hours due to traffic for an upcoming holiday.  Once we were checked in, we met our guide in the lobby and headed over to the Walmart to get supplies.  Cart full a few of us ate at Burger King.  I some how managed to get pick pocketed, but thankfully it wasn't to much money.  Then it was back to the room where I prepared all the equipment and pack a bag for Ivy.  Nerves in my stomach is was hard to sleep.  After a delicious breakfast we hopped on the bus at 9:30 a.m and headed to the civil affairs office.  When we arrived there was a baby all ready there, but it wasn't Ivy.  The camera were all whipped out and we all cried teats of joy for Robin.  Then it seamed like forever before the next baby arrived, but it wasn't one baby but 5.  Ivy was in that group of babies.  She screamed bloody murder and cried for almost a good hour afterward.  We signed the paperwork and back on the bus we went.  Ivy seemed a little happy once we got back to the room.  I fed her a bottle, some baby food and a couple crackers.  She seemed happy to play with the stacking cups.  However , was not thrilled when later we had to leave the room once again to fill out more paperwork for the following day.  Dinner was not going to be on the agenda for the evening but was able to find a snickers and a coke zero in the mini bar.  Did the trick.  Well it is late and I was able to finally get baby girl asleep.  I am off to bed now as tomorrow will be another long day.  Our family is now complete.  Thanks Ivy Margaret for joining our family.

































Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh my goodness, what an amazing experience for you, and all those families. Thank you so much for sharing your "Gotcha Day" it brought tears to my eyes.

Lisa @ LTTL (www.lisakerner-slp.com)
So so happy for you. May your transition be as smooth as possible. Take care of yourself, ask for help!

Thank you for all the photos, I feel a little homesick now.Strange how we leave a little part of our hearts behind.
NCSue said…
I hope everyone had a lovely time - what a wonderful event!
Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/03/the-endless-variety-of-orchids.html
My heartiest congratulations to you and Ivy! May God bless you abundantly!
Francesca said…
Congratulations Kelleyn and family!

Popular Posts