At The Movies

Hi!  How are you?  It is the weekend, and I couldn't be more grateful.  I am tired! It has been good week; however, it will be nice not to have to wake up tomorrow at the crack of dawn.   Spring is on it's way. The children are outside enjoying the sunshine which is so wonderful after so much rain. The trees are blooming and it is suppose to be 66 degrees tomorrow.  I am ready for winter to be over.  Since it has been raining so much, I have watched a movie or too.  Probably more than I would like to admit.    Here are just a few that I have seen recently.

Kung Fu Panda 3-Roman got movie tickets for his birthday and so we went to see Kung Fu Panda. I wasn't sure how this movie was going to play out as it was number 3 in the series.  Usually by number 3 they are scratching at the barrel looking for a story line and usually fall short; however, this wasn't the case.  The story-line was well developed.  The fighting scenes were just long enough to address the story-line, but not so long that they were ridiculous. Most importantly, the kids loved it!



All Roads Lead to Rome is on DVD, It never played in the theater.  Which I would agree it is a perfect DVD movie, but most definitely not worthy of $12 movie ticket price.  This movie stars Jessica Parker who is taking her daughter to Italy to reconnect with her and the daughter would have preferred to stay home in the states.  Parker runs into an old romantic flame (Raoul Bova also in Under the Tuscan Sun) that she met many years ago while on exchange in Italy. The next 90 minutes a comedic adventure takes places as Jessica tries to repair her relationship with her daughter and at the same time rekindle the romantic feelings Jessica had with her Italian friend.  Cute, but as I said not worth of movie ticket prices.



The next movie Miss You Already stars Drew Barrymore and Toni Collette which is also out on DVD.  This movie address friendship over the years and the dynamics of being chronically ill. You will need a box of tissue for this one and if cancer is close to home right now you might want to skip out on this one.  While I would also not have paid full price for this one it was worth the DVD rental price and worth the almost 2 hours viewing time.  


The last movie I am going to share with you Already Tomorrow in Hong Kong sadly was a flatliner.  How this made it to the theaters or on DVD is a mystery to me.  Thankfully, I didn't pay anything to watch it or I would have been mad.  The two main characters are lovely, but the story line just never really gets out of the gate. The story is about Ruby who is visiting Hong Kong who is lost and asks for directions from Josh.  He decides to show her the way.  You can sense he likes Ruby but as the evening ends he discloses he has a girlfriend.  Fast forward a year later and the two run into each other on the ferry.  Once again they spend the evening walking around Hong Kong despite that they each have significant others.  The movie is very reminiscent of Before Dawn with Ethan Hawk. The movie leaves you hanging as to whether or not the two will start a romance.  The movie could have been so much.  So take my opinion, save your money, safe your time, and skip this movie.  




Well, I hope you have a good weekend?  Do you have anything fun planned? Have you seen any good movies lately? Tomorrow after German school we plan on picking up the grandparents and heading over to Georgetown Cupcakes to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of the bakery opening with Free Cupcakes.  Not too shabby!  I have to also spend some time gathering up the documents that I will need for the adoption so that I don't forget anything.  Ivy's suitcase is already packed.  Happy Weekend!

Comments

Francesca said…
Well, now I know what movies not to see! What's wrong with movies? I can't remember the last time I watched a really good one!
Unknown said…
I look forward to the weekends so much more now that we have kids in early morning seminary! It's like 7:00 am is sleeping in now!
I don't know any of these movies (except Kung Fu Panda!). Thanks for the reviews.

Popular Posts