Cappadocia

 As you may have seen, the balloon ride over Cappadocia was magical. We got up shortly before 4 a.m. and got dressed. We met our driver outside the hotel. The drive to the balloon launch site was about 15 minutes from our hotel. We barely got our barrings as we stepped out of the transporter van before we were whisked into a balloon. We were given a few instructions and then it was time for us to take off.  I was watching the other balloons that had taken off and hadn't realized that we had also lifted off.  I thought I would be scared, but being in a balloon is so peaceful.  It is one of the most incredible things I have ever done.  When our time was up we landed on the back of the truck and the crew did a champagne toast without the champagne.  It was a combination of cherry juice and a sparkling non-alcoholic drink.  It was pretty good.  We ate breakfast when we got back to the hotel and then we booked a private tour to see some of the sites.  It was so hot out!  It was too bad our hotel didn't have a pool because if they had we would have probably spent the day by the pool.  Our driver took us to about 4 sites around town.  The first was Uchisar Castle.  The castle offers panoramic views of the surrounding area.  Then it was on to Devrent Valley.  A park with unique rock structures.  We went to the open-air museum to see how the people lived long ago and then made a quick stop at the grocery store before heading back to the hotel. When I got back to the hotel, my stomach was feeling well so I skipped dinner and stayed at the hotel.  The next morning I still wasn't feeling well, so Frank and I skipped the tour we planned and stayed at the hotel where we spent the day reading and relaxing.  It was just what I needed.  I was feeling better by dinner time so we went back to the same restaurant where we had gone the first night except this time I had kabobs with Frank.  They were so good.   I know there are a ton of photos, but I really want to remember this special place.  
















































Comments

William Kendall said…
I am reminded of badlands in the Dakotas and Alberta.

Popular Posts