Snowballs on a Rainy Day

It is raining here in Atlanta, and in Salt Lake where my boys are it is snowing so hard that they couldn't go skiing today though they should be able to head up the slope tomorrow morning.  It is totally crazy, but we are expected to have 76 degrees for the next couple of days. This is so not normal for this time of year, but I am not complaining.  Since we couldn't go to Utah with the boys, we made our own snowballs.  After we made the cookies, I headed into the city to have lunch with my friend Simona, her father, and his girlfriend Olga. We ate at Bistro Niko. The decor was a delight and the food was fantastic! The mussels are some of the best in the city.  I had a salad Nicoise which was lovely and then I couldn't leave without trying something from the dessert menu. I had the Tarte Pommes. The pastry was light and crisp and the apples were tart and thinly sliced drizzled on top was warm caramel sauce the top adorned with a small ball of vanilla bean ice cream. I don't know why I didn't take any pictures. Now the girls and I are getting ready to snuggle up and watch some Christmas movies. I have a pot of Tuscan Bean soup on the stove and a loaf of bread ready to go for dinner.  Life couldn't be any better!


Snow Ball Cookies
2 sticks of softened butter
1/2 cup of powder sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 1/4 cups of flour
1/4 teaspoon of salt
additional powder sugar for rolling the balls in.
In a bowl cream butter and sugar together then add vanilla then slowly add in the flour and salt.  Once mixed form into balls and place balls on a parchment-lined sheet or silicon mat.  Bake at 400 degrees for around 12 minutes.  Balls should be golden brown on the bottom.  Immediately roll the ball in the powder sugar.

Merry Christmas!


Comments

Yum! Those look so tasty! I love how you made your own snowballs. It's raining here in PA too and it's warm!
Suburban Girl said…
My mom used to make those cookies. Yum.
Francesca said…
we too have a snowless christmas, and I don't mind either!
Molly said…
They looks soo good

mollyxxx
SJ said…
Those look good! It's in the 60's here which is totally not normal for Upstate NY in Dec. Merry Christmas!
betty-NZ said…
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Popular Posts