A Salad Fit for Christmas Dinner



This year I am changing up our Christmas menu!  While tradition is nice, this year I am departing from our traditional Christmas dinner and we are going to try a few new recipes.  Normally, we have a large ham, rolls, mashed potatoes, corn, macaroni salad ( my mom's contribution), and a few desserts. This year we are going to going to have a pork roast with a pineapple glaze, potato and leek gratin, salad, my mom's macaroni salad, dessert.  How about you?  Do you eat the same menu year after year or do you change it up each year?

Boston Bibb Salad with Pomegranates, and Orange

One large head of Bibb Lettuce
1 head of Bibb lettuce
1 cup of pomegranate
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 of a sliced red onion.
1/4 cup of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Sliced medium oranges

In a mixing bowl combine oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.   Meanwhile, layout ingredients on a plate and pour dressing over the top!  Eat!  Happy Holidays

Have a great weekend!

Comments

Heather said…

Oooh - pomegranate on salad - I like that idea! I eat out on Christmas, but I order the same thing - grilled veggie wrap with fresh fruit (and sometimes French fries).

http://oaktreecourtdesigns.blogspot.com/2015/12/corner-view-traditions.html
Jill Harrison said…
I love pomegranates so I think I would enjoy this salad. For us even in the middle of summer for Christmas we always do the traditional English Christmas dinner - with turkey, ham, vegetables, plum pudding. the lot! oh and don't forget the brandy cream Mum!
Have a lovely Christmas and thank for you stopping by my blog.
Anonymous said…
What a festive looking salad, the pomegranate is a nice touch.
Sharon Wagner said…
Yum. And healthy too. Happy Holidays!
I loveee it..that looks like a yummy one and fresh :). And I love the colors, too :)

Popular Posts