Garden of The Gods Day 4/ 5

Day 4 was essentially a wash as we spent the day driving from Kansas to Colorado.  We arrived at the home of my long-time best friend in Colorado Springs. We enjoyed a lovely dinner and watched the movie Book Club 2 which I had already seen, but it was just as funny the second time as the first.  The kids hung out with my friend's daughter.  The next morning my mom and I went to breakfast with my cousin Shannon and her mom Jody.  It was great catching up with her as we don't get to see one another very often.  Then I took my mom to the Garden of the Gods as she had never been.  The park was busy.  Afterward, I took my mom back to my friend's house so my mom could rest and my friend and I went to get our nails done.  The girls went to my friend's daughter to an art camp for the day.  Then it was time to drive to Denver because we were going to stay at the Gaylord Rockies Resort and Convention Center.  Stay tuned.  click here to see my visit with the kids many years ago











Comments

William Kendall said…
I know that place very well, from a blogger who lives in Colorado Springs.
Dearest Kelleyn,
Had no idea about the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs...
Did drive from Jenny Lake Resort to Colorado Springs last year and we were in awe.
So happy for you for having managed this and having had a great time!
Hugs,
Mariette

Popular Posts