Day 2 Memphis and Springdale Arkansas





















We left early Tuesday morning to make the little under-4-hour drive to Memphis, Tennessee. The drive was pleasant and we were met with sunny weather. Our first stop in Memphis was at the hotel of Martin Luther King Jr. The girls have learned about him at school, so we’re very interested in seeing the site. We didn’t go inside the museum due to time constraints, but we did take the time to read the placards outside. Then it was on to Sun City where I showed the girls where Elvis and other great rock and roll singers began their musical careers. The girls seemed less impressed with this stop, but that was to be expected. Our last stop in Memphis before we got lunch was Graceland. We didn’t go inside once again due to time and expense. I had been on the tour before and since the girls don’t really know who else Elvis was, I didn’t think they would enjoy it. We took a few pictures and then got some BBQ. It was pretty good, but not the best I have ever eaten. Some interesting items on the menu were peanut butter and banana sandwiches and spaghetti with BBQ sauce. Then it was on to Springdale, Arkansas where we stopped for the night.




Comments

Dearest Kelleyn,
While I'm still healing I manage to visit some of my blog friends.
It is to admire how you always extend the 'educational' part during holidays.
This is how kids learn and grow up with a good general knowledge—kudos to you for managing this.
Hugs,
Mariette
William Kendall said…
Memphis looks like quite a city.
Kelleyn,
Not being okay by far with my 99 pounds and my six inch surgery wound is still healing. Trying my very best! Grateful that I'm over the weakness. Still in bed for most of the time...
Hugs,
Mariette

Popular Posts