Summer Reading!

School got out on Friday, and since then we have been hanging by the pool. Nothing like sun and water to tire out my tribe of boys. We head out this weekend for another road trip. Can you guess where? I will give you some clues: 12 hours drive northwest of Atlanta, new home to country western music and performances, and lakes and hiking galore. Do you know where we are going? If so leave me your guess in the comment box. Anyway, I was in the book store last week buying books for the boys to read when I came across this book. When My Name was Keoko by Linda Sue Park. Great if you are sitting on a plane and have a few hours to read or even read by the pool. The Story is about a young girl who lives in Korea during War World II. While the story is fictional the author states that many of the facts in the story to be true. I found this in the children's section, but it more for ages 11 and above. Lovely story of family love and pride for ones country. A must read!

Comments

Melly Mel said…
event htough this is fictional, i totally want to read it. thanks for the suggestion! i love it.
;) said…
I don't know (in French "je donne ma langue au chat" or I give my tongue to the cat)...

I'm not sure to find this book in French, but I know a little reader that's could be interested in...
Cate said…
new home to country? that stumps me. if it was the old home to country i would have said nashville.

man have i been reading a lot of books about WW2 lately. a few months back, i had to stop reading anything about it because it was starting to really depress me. seriously, i think i read about 20 books in the course of 6 months about the war. my favorite of those was THE BOOK THIEF. have you read it?

you sound like you are having a blast. i wish that we had some time to just hang out and read. our school here doesn't get out for a few weeks. enjoy yourself in the mystery place. cannot wait to hear all about it!
Francesca said…
I'm overjoyed to read a little bit more about this book you recommended! Thanks!
I read this several years ago and loved it, too. Happy summer vacation and summer reading! We still have a couple of weeks to go before school is out here. Have you read any of Ruth Reichl's books...just finished my second one of hers and I really enjoy her writing style. Good for quick, delicious summer reading!

Popular Posts