BBQ Ribs and Mother's Day

It doesn't need to be Mother's Day to make ribs for in our family, we can eat them any time of the year. We love ribs, and after many years of research I have come up with the best recipe that will be just as mouth watering as any BBQ joint. First though let me tell you about my Mother's Day! My sweet husband took the boys to the park for two hours so that I could get ready for church in peace and quiet. It was wonderful! When we got to church the children prepared a couple of songs about families and mothers. Such sweet voices. Then we came home and shared the day with some good friends (The Butterfields) who are moving to the other side of town. While I know it is only the other side of town we will miss them. So back to the ribs, that is what we ate along with fruit salad, pesto bow tie pasta, potatoes salad, and for dessert chocolate Guinness cupcakes with chocolate cream cheese frosting.

Georgia Country Ribs: Take one half rack per two people cut in half and place in crock pot for up to 4 hours. I can fit about 2 slabs in my pot. When finished ribs should be soft, but not falling off the bone. Rinse and place in a marinade of 1 cup ketchup, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of chili, and 2 tablespoons of vinegar. Multiply this recipe for each 1/2 rack of ribs you make. If you like your ribs salty than add salt, but I find it unnecessary. After an hour place on the BBQ and grill. They will melt in your mouth and what is nice about this recipe is that the sauce is sweet and tangy and not spicy, so it is perfect for the little ones in your home. Like more spice than add more chili powder or even a dash of Tabasco.

Comments

Silver Strands said…
So glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day. And thanks for the ribs recipe!
Denalee
Company EIGHT said…
That meal sounds FABULOUS!!!! Happy Mother's Day, Kelleyn!!
Arctic Mum said…
Wow, need to try that. Just have to wait for the barbeque season to start..am a bit impatient now for spring. We did have the ashes here for a week, and it stopped a trip for me. But now I'm going to Spain instead!

Popular Posts