February Movie Reviews.

Dear John is a must see movie! Based on a book by Nicholas Sparks need I say more. He wrote the Notebook, A Walk to Remember which were also made into movies. I loved this movies. So sweet. The book is about a boy who meets a girl, but just as they are falling in love he has to return back to military duty. Will there love survive? Find out?

Post Grad is a 2009 fall movie that is now on DVD. I say this movie sucks and isn't even worth the rental fee unless you have Netflick. The story is about a girl who graduates from college with a plan for how her life is supposed to be, but when things don't work out she realizes that life can't always be planned. This movie I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be a comedy of a romance. Just didn't work for me in either category. Sad, because I like the main actress in her other movies.


Percy Jackson and the Olympian is based on a famous children's book by Rick Riordan. My son loved the movie (he is 11). I would give this movie a B. I think it tried to be the next Harry Potter movie, but just didn't get it quite right. Not bad, but not fantastic! I would also not take small children to this movie. It was a little to scary for the under 10 crowd, which can explain it's P13 rating.

The Invention of Lying. The jury is still out on this DVD rental. It is kind of quirky. I am not sure if I liked it or not.

I like this movie, but wished that I had waited for it to come out on DVD. While it had all the star power and it was great to see so many of the actors that I like in one movie, I think it wasn't worth the $10 admission price. The story is about how different people forge through Valentine's Day which can suck for all those out there who are not married.
One other movie that I recently rented on DVD, was a movie called The Boys are Back with Clive Owens. I don't have a picture for it, but it is a sweet movie about a man and his son as they deal with the loss of the mother. Produced by the same director as Billy Elliot. It is worth renting! Make sure you have a box of tissues handy for this is a tear jerker. Be warned that the movie starts out slow, but it is worth it in the end.

Comments

Emily said…
I've been wanting to see The Invention of Lying, so if I ever get my hands on a copy we'll have to talk.

This is the first I've heard of Dear John, but after reading your review I may have to add it to my list!
Company EIGHT said…
Great reviews! I have seen 2 of the ones you featured--Dear John, and The Lightning Thief, and I agree with your assessment. Thanks for the heads up on the other ones--it's good to know which ones to avoid.
Dana said…
Thanks again for the great reviews!
Dana

Popular Posts