Going home and "Grass Corner View"


We are on our way home!  We have had the most amazing three months here in Europe.  The other day Roman said, "hey mommy, take a picture of the statue."  I turn around and he is totally naked.  I guess Europe has had an effect on him.  I couldn't help but laugh.  The boys have learned so much and really soldified their German.  Most important is the time we have spent together as a family.  When we get home the boys will have two weeks before school starts.  Then crazy life begins again as lessons will resume and homework needs to be completed.  Roman will be a Kindergartner.  I can't believe it!  It seems like yesterday he was a sick little boy in the hospital.  As we drove home Saturday from Naples this was my view.  Isn't Tuscany gorgeous!  I don't think I can ever get tired of this view.  I now know why people move to Tuscany and write books about it!  See you soon.  It may take me a couple days before I get back on line.  Hope all is going well with you.  Hope you are enjoying the last few days of July.  I feel like summer is slipping away.  I want to savor it just a little bit more.  Do you feel the same way?

Comments

Sonja said…
We just got home from 3 weeks in Spain and Portugal a few days ago and I definitely feel as you do. I treasure the family time we spent together every minute those three weeks and I dread the busy, stressful school year that will be here before we know it.
Francesca said…
that's what we do here in Europe: go around naked! :)
so glad your trip was overall a success - safe travels!
Bonnie said…
that is so so beautiful ! i loved the sunflowers in spain ! your second photo reminds me of them ...
Kasia said…
I'm glad you had such wonderful time in Europe! It must have been a great experience for your kids.
Hugs xxx
tanïa said…
I love sunflower fields! Shame on me I haven't been to Tuscany yet, but I think landscape is kind of similar to French Provence, which is gorgeous, too! Can't stop visiting "Le Midi" in France, even after 12 years!
It's obvious you had a great time in Europe! Hope you get home safely!
A family adventure like this will mold their lives forever...yes summer is slipping away! I remember when my daughter went to kindergarten...sad day! Safe travels home!
Unknown said…
Wow! I can't believe it's been 3 months. Safe travels home! Oh, and the "statue" story is too funny. :)
Don said…
Sounds like you had a great trip!
And yes, summer is getting slender.

Popular Posts