The Battle for the Smithsonian and a trip to the Louvre

On Tuesday, we took Oma to the Art Museum. Despite the boy's first complaints they really did enjoy going to the art museum. It didn't hurt that Oma splurged the couple extra dollars for the headsets. I had never actually seen these pieces when I was at the Louvre, so I am glad that we went. The boys really liked the bronze statue of the lion, but the Winston also really liked this piece of Turkish pottery that was a white plate with blue ink that had a peacock on it. It really was beautiful. I would mind having something like this to display food on or hang on my wall.
Jesus Carring the Crossby Lorenzo Lotto
Lion Crushing a Serpent


by Antoine Loise Barye

This movie Rocks! It has been raining quite a bit around here, so we have had to get creative. Oma has played more than her share of UNO Spin, we have taken walks in the forest and we even attempted to see the fireworks at Stone Mountain, but the rain has just been too much!!!! I liked this movie even better than the first one. Amy Adams who plays Amelia Earhart is delightful. She is a fantastic addition to the cast of characters. In this movie, you will still get to see the first cast of characters but the location changes to the Smithsonian where you will be introduced to a new cast of characters. I think this movie is a great way to introduce your children to historical figures and then you can even take it a step farther by going to the library and checking out some books or even doing some Internet searches. If the first movie didn't leave my children with enough memorable quotes the second had them quoting even more. Favorites are "Hey! Dumb Dumb give me some Gum Gum" and "Check out these guns-Bomb Bam Firepower". Oma, Opa Thijs, and Harris are now on their way to Germany. I am already starting to miss my boy. He will have a great time though, so I am really happy for him.

Comments

Traveling Mama said…
I haven't thought about the laser show at Stone Mountain in SO long! We used to go every time someone came to town. My husband always teases me because I've been known to break out with a "And I'm proud to be an American 'cause at least I know I'm free!" LOL!
We loved that movie too. I like anything that involves history- whether from a comical perspective or not!

Popular Posts