Boston with My BFF

This past Wednesday, I flew to Boston to spend my birthday with my best friend, and family, as well as spread my dad's ashes. Flying to Boston is such an easy flight!  Not sure why I don't do it more often.  I miss my family.  We arrived in Boston at a quarter to 2 and headed over to pick up our rental car.  After getting the car we drove over to the pier and went to Tatte Bakery. Tatte is the bomb!  The food is so good.  My friend had never been to Boston, so after we ate we went to Faneuil Hall.  Faneuil Hall was a meeting house that played a huge role at the beginning of the Revolutionary War. It continued to play a role as a government meeting house after the war.  Today, you can take a tour of the building under the stewardship of the National Park Service.  Adjacent to this building is another building called the Quincy Market which is a food hall and marketplace.   Sadly, we arrived just a few minutes too late and could not do the tour, but I think my friend still enjoyed seeing this historical place.  We then followed the Freedom Trail and went over to the site of the Boston Massacre and then over to the Old North Church. We couldn't visit Boston without seeing the house of Paul Revere and strolling the streets of the North End.  All the good smells of Little Italy made us hungry again and we enjoyed some eggplant rollatini, fried calamari, and some butternut squash ravioli.  The food was so delicious!  Then it was time to grab some treats from the famous Mike's pastry.  It was a lovely day.  On our way to head to the hotel, we dropped off some treats for my friend Diane's daughter Sage who is serving a mission for our church in Boston.  Sage was so thrilled when we showed up with treats.  Day 1 was a huge success!



























Comments

William Kendall said…
A whole lot of history there.
Dearest Kelleyn,
What a perfect combination for tackling a very emotional task—spreading the ashes of your Dad.
Both of us flew into Boston a few times for doing consulting in Connecticut and also renting our car for driving.
Weekends we always drove to Woodbury Common Premium Outlets in Central Valley, NY.
Fond memories too.
Hugs,
Mariette
NCSue said…
Thank you for sharing with us this week at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2022/09/a-glimpse-of-city-of-brotherly-love.html

Popular Posts