Skogafloss Day 2

In order not to jam-pack each post with a gazillion photos, I will be dividing the day up by the location of where we visited.  I woke up at 4 am and it was light, but then quickly rolled over and went back to sleep until 8:30 a.m thankfully the children were still asleep. I quickly took a shower, got dressed, and helped my friend make breakfast.  We woke up the children and enjoyed our breakfast.  We left the house shortly after 10 a.m and drove out towards Skogafloss. It is a bit of a jaunt out there at a little over two hours.  I wish we had stayed out in a hotel or an accommodation closer to the sights out there, but when we were booking 5 months ago much had already been booked.  The second issue was not wanting to have to pack and repack too many times.  I can say we survived though my friend is fast asleep since she did all the driving.  She is pooped.  I would say that if there are just two people it is probably cheaper to just take an organized tour and leave the driving up to someone else.  The roads are super easy to navigate, but the distance is what get's you!  Since there were 6 of us, it was just not affordable to take a tour.  Skogafloss while maybe not as impressive as Niagrafalls was still equally beautiful.  It was made famous in the movie Walter Smitty. It isn't Iceland's tallest waterfall nor is it the largest, but as I said it is very pretty.  










Comments

William Kendall said…
That is a gorgeous waterfall.
Dearest Kelleyn,
Wow, Majestic photos shown here and so glad you slept well, regardless of the very early daylight!
This morning around 9:00 I landed at Amsterdam Airport in North Holland.
Then by train in two hours to the South, to my province of Limburg.
Enjoy your further stay.
Hugs,
Mariette

Popular Posts