To Remember


We have been here in Germany for almost two months now and have another week and a half before we leave for Switzerland and Italy.  Besides sitting on the couch and watching the European Soccer Championships and hearing my son scream Tor  as a team he is rooting for scores a goal, the new friendships I made at church like Conny, Tasia and Beth, I would like to remember all the wild flowers.  Everyday as I walk along the river I have the opportunity to drink in the smell of wild flowers.  The air is delicious!  We have had a good time here in Germany.  The boys have improved their German.   We have gotten to spend time with Oma and Opa, and had experiences that I just can't put into words.   Life is busy, but are you talking the time to smell the flowers and to savor each experience.  When I was younger I was always counting down to the next adventure.  Now, I try to be present and aware of each moment and the gift it has to give. 

Comments

Heart Mommy said…
Thanks for sharing your adventure!!!
Unknown said…
Wow! I can't believe you've been there 2 months already. I can't wait to see Switzerland and Italy!
Arctic Mum said…
Time flies, and happy trip to Switzerland and Italy. Have not been to any of them, but would love to!
Francesca said…
So glad you all had a good time and will have good memories about soccer, wild flowers and, in general, your time there. Happy adventuring!
Beth said…
Those are gorgeous flowers. I have learned to also stop and be in the moment, savoring it. My son and his kids came over last Sunday for supper and I purposely planned the menu to be simple and something the 9 yr. old could help with. She's so proud of her kitchen accomplishments and she will only be 9 once.
Photography has also helped me notice the little things that I used to pass right by like those photos of yours of the flowers. When stop to photograph them, we become more aware and appreciative of them.:>)

Popular Posts