Bircher Museli "Corner view Mineral"


In honor of our departure to Switzerland on Saturday, I thought I would post a picture of Bircher Museli jammed packed full of minerals.  A perfect way to start your day.  My husband has a bowl just about everyday.  Bircher Museli originated around the turn of the 20th century.  The orginial recipe did not include yogurt, but today in Switzerland  you will mostly see it with yogurt.  Today their are as many recipes for Bircher Museli as your imagination can come up with different combinations.  My bowl included berry yogurt, a quarter cup oatmeal, and a handful of Johannisbeeren (red currents).  Did you know these little berries are apart of the gooseberry family?  In the states you usually see these in their dried version and are either black or white.  I had never had them until coming to Europe.  They taste a little tart similar to pomegrante.  On Saturday, we leave for on a three week road trip that will take us to Lusanne, Zurich, Zermatt, Milan, and Sicily.  Then it is back home to the states.  Well, I better be going.  I need to get cleaning supplies and then it is off to have a picnic by the river with some new friends I made while here in Heidelberg.   Have a great day!

Comments

Francesca said…
Nice mineral way to start the day - I only have my vegetarian espresso! :)
About activities outside Milan, I couldn't come up with anything: when we go to the city, we stay in the city, do city things, and breathe metropolitan air for a change!
Theresa said…
Looks delicious. Those red currants bring back memories. They were growing in a garden at a house we stayed in in France three years ago. :)
nadine paduart said…
you too! have a wonderful time.
stay on the mineral side!
n♥
Stasha said…
Yum. Bircher Musli is one of my favorite breakfast ever. Have a lovely time in the Alps!
Your healthy minerals are a good way to start the day. Enjoy your trip.

http://hibiscusbloem.blogspot.com/2012/06/corner-view-mineral.html
Kasia said…
Looks so delicious! I love currants, my parents grow them in the garden and my favorite are the white ones, they a bit sweeter than red ones.

Hugs!
tinajo said…
I think it looks yummy! :-)
Unknown said…
Yummy...? What about yummy? There was definite yummy at the park tonight...he he.... Thanks for the fun evening.
Bonnie said…
Yum Yum Yum !!!!
gis said…
Oh, lovely and healthy minerals! I love birchermuesli, many times I cant's eat it because there are fruits I'm allergic too, but yours looks delicious. Have fun in Switzerland and Italy, you did coose wonderful places to visit (I might be on the other side of the Cervino (aka the italian half of the Matternhorn!) while you are in Zermatt. Or maybe encounter you in Milan without knowing while you are there! Ah, have fun!
;) said…
Lovely idea :) and Yummy!
Have a nice trip.
Beth said…
Never heard of this, but you've got me curious. Looks quite good!
tanïa said…
Healthy and delicious minerals, best to start a powerful day.
I have to admit I rarely manage to eat such healthy food in the morning... ;o)

Popular Posts