Holiday Park "A Day of Fun"










The children went back to school.  I can't say I am sad.  I have my first cold in years and I feel terrible.  I have eaten way to much these last two weeks and have not been able to exercise since the children were home all day and it has been raining like crazy.  My nose is running like someone opened the flood gates to the Hoover Dam, and I have no idea what to take to help me out nor do I know if I could get anything here in Germany to help.  Most medications here are by prescription only.  I will head to the Pharmacy tomorrow though and see what they can do for me, so that I can take care of my children.  On top of that, my husband is back in the states this week for his job.  Years ago I would have been terrified, but I am confident enough now that I think I can make even though I do miss him terribly.  I feel a little lost without him.  Anyway, Saturday the sun graced us with it's presence and we headed to Holiday Park with our good friend Nadja.  Holiday Park is amusement park located just south of Mannheim and west of Heidelberg.  I wasn't too sure what to expect since I have never been to an amusement park here in Germany.  The park is built around Junior TV characters such as Biene Mia, Tabaluga, and Wicki.  Winston was pretty excitied about the roller coasters and Roman had a blast in their new addition Biene Mia land. I have to say the park was pretty good for it's price.  $25 euros per perspn isn't to bad when you compare it to Disneyland or Sea World prices.  As you can see Addy was exhausted by the end of the day even though she wasn't able to go on any of the rides.  Thank you Nadja for your visit and for coming with us to Holiday Park.  We couldn't have done it without you.  Well, I am off to bed.  Let's hope this cold doesn't last too long.

Comments

Tamar SB said…
What fun! I am adventurous but you can't pay me to get on that pirate shop ride!
That looks fantastically fun!

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Hope you get well soon!
Francesca said…
Hope your in laws can lend a hand!!!
Hope you are feeling better soon! Looks like a great time for the whole family!
nadine paduart said…
was that vicki the viking?
olé!
n♥
Anonymous said…
it looks like a funny place to spend some time ... get well soon :)
Joyce said…
How are you feeling? The day at the park looks like fun and tiring all in one. Is that a slush drink the boys have- looks good. Oh Miss Addy looks so beautiful as she sleeps. xo
Kasia said…
Looks like you had lots of fun! I hope you feel much better by now. Sending you lots of warm thoughts!
swig said…
it looks quite German, indeed! (our children are too old now, but they loved Wicki and Maja…
I hope you'll get better quickly! warm greetings from Paris!
Gail Dixon said…
Looks like a delightful time!! Great photos to document the day. Sorry about your cold. Hope you feel better soon!!

Popular Posts