July Movie Review

Hi! It is hump day, but what am I saying there is no hump day in the summer; especially, when your a stay at home mom. While I love my children, I am ready for them to go back to school and looking even more forward to it since Ivy will be going to school too. I have been with them 24 hours a day now for the last 8 weeks and I have a list of things I need to do like get my hair cut and colored, my toes done, would love to go for a walk without the gaggle of kids behind me whining because they don't want to walk and along with that pull out my camera to take photos where I can concentrate on the perfect setting. Looking forward to going to the store without multiple opinions on what I should buy and maybe sit at a cafe to eat a slice of cake in pure utter silence. Can you tell I am counting down the days? 3 more weeks and Yahoo! Well, I better get to telling you about these movies before I fall asleep. We went to Mainz today my feet hurt and I am tired.


This movie is so sweet!  I think I watched it on Netflix, but I could be wrong.  It is in German, but has English subtitles.  It is about the relationship of a little girl and her grandfather who is suffering from dementia. While the movie brings humor to the subject of old age dementia, it touches on the idea of the tole having a family member with dementia can take on the whole family.  I would highly recommend this movie.  This movie is definitely worth watching.

Despicable Me 3 is totally true to the brand of Despicable Me movies.  Super funny and the children loved it!  In number three Gru meets his long lost brother Dru who is wealthy and despite being his twin is the complete opposite.  Dru want Gru to teach him how to be bad, but just one thing Gru lacks the talent and everything seems to go wrong for him,  The movie introduces a new villain Balthazar Bratt a child star from the '80s who is bent on world domination.  The movie introduces to the audience a ton of music from the '80s which was so fun to hear again.


Jackie was my least favorite movie in this lineup.  While Natalie Portman is a fantastic actress her voice wasn't anything like the real Jackie.  I also am not sure how close it was to her real personality.  It portrayed her as a not very confident person, and while you think it is going to cover her life it only covers during the time period where her husband is shot.  I really forced myself to finish this movie.


Based on a true story the movie bring to light the subject of interracial marriage which was forbidden in the south. However, their love for each other is so strong they go take the chance and go against the law.  I mean where did lawmakers think they could legislate love.  The movie was good and I would even go so far as to recommend it to others.  These two really took a risk with their lives. So brave and also worth watching.  

Haven't been watching much TV lately nor really any movie other than these which by the way all except Despicable Me 3 all can be rented.  Have you seen anything good lately? I would love to see Dunkirk but will have to wait until it comes out on DVD as it is not playing in my city here in Germany.  See you back here soon!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Comments

Half a century ago, i was a working mom, so my kids were probably the ones who thought summer was long, because they had more chores to do at home ;)). They all survived and thrived though ))). Netflix and Amazon are pretty much all we watch and you mention a couple there I meant to put on n my queue ... thanks for the reminder.
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Weather Halong Bay is characterised by the four traditional seasons and shapes the travellers experiences. The best time to visit Halong Bay will depend on your needs and experiences.
Mandy said…
The movies Honig im Kopf and The Loving Story were the only ones on your list that I hadn't head of. Then again, I'm not surprised I haven't heard of Honig im Kopf given that I live in the US. Looks like great choices though. I think the best movie I've seen lately was the new Spiderman movie; have you seen it yet? It was the perfect combination of humor and action. :)

Popular Posts