Happy Mother's Day!



Yesterday, I was invited to Roman's kindergarten class for a Mother's Tea.  It was so cute!  All the mother's were lined up outside the classroom and one by one the children took our hands and lead us into the classroom where we were invited to sit at our child's desk.  On the desk was a giant hat for each mother made of craft paper.  Mine was pink with tissue paper flowers all over it.  I secured the hat upon my head my tying the ribbons underneath my chin.  Along with the hat were paper sacks that with loving care a painted terra cotta dish was wrapped in purple tissue paper.  Each child made a special booklet that explained why mother's are so wonderful.  After all the mother's were in the room, the teacher invited the children to stand at the front of the classroom where they sang the most darling song.  It was so sweet, and all us moms were beaming with smiles across our faces.  The children served us a little breakfast of muffins, fruit, and a drink of our choice.  Then the children sang one more song before presenting us with pictures of ourselves that they had made with why they love us so much written on the back.  It is these moments that make being a mother so wonderful.  I am so proud to be a mother.  Tomorrow in church my oldest son will give a talk on the importance of mother's.  He has all ready given me a preview of his talk.  I am so proud of him.  He quoted from the scriptures how it is important to honor our mother's and how Heavenly Father felt it to be so important that he made it a commandment.  He read from the last words of the Savior who recognized his mother in the crowd of people and was concerned for her welfare.  He then talked about how his mother (me) was an example of service and has taught him to have a testimony in Jesus Christ.  I cannot even begin to tell you how this makes me feel.  Way before I ever became a mother I once read a quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson that said, A child went forth and became what he saw."  My prayer if anything is that my child will know my love for Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ and desire to follow him.  Whether you are a mother through giving birth, adoption, or a mother to other peoples children.  I wish you a Happy Mother's Day!   Happy Mother's Day to my own mother and my mother-in-law who raised such a wonderful man.
 

Comments

Arctic Mum said…
Happy Mother's day! We have our Mother's Day in February, and I usually get something from the kids in the morning in bed:)
dawn said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
n said…
These are lovely pictures. Beautiful smiles... :)
Thank you for sharing! Happy Mother's day!
Happy Mother's Day!! Enjoy your special day! We will be celebrating in a couple of weeks in France - it's the last Sunday in May. (It would be nice to double dip this holiday, but need to be fair.) We are getting ready to go away for a few days next week and It's also the end of our Spring break - so today is re-organizing day. Thanks for sharing, I love all the smiles!!
Happy Mother's Day sweet friend! I hope it was the sweetest of all! Blessings and love!
marie said…
Happy Mothers Day to you too! Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate, how lucky you were to hear your son speak on Mother's day, I bet you were beaming!

Seriously us mom's become mush with the littlest things, a song, a card, a hug, we're easily pleased.
Dianne said…
What a nice tribute your son gave, honoring his mother. Happy Mother's Day with your little treasures!
Company EIGHT said…
I loved that!!! Happy Mother's Day, Kelleyn, to one of the best mothers I know!!! xo
Unknown said…
Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Popular Posts