Header

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Texas Caviar

Texas Caviar
3 chopped large tomatoes
3 chopped avocados
1 can of corn
1 can of black beans
2 stalks of chopped green onion
a dash of pepper
1/2 of a squeezed lemon
1 package of Italian dry salad dressing
3 Tablespoons of water
1/4 cup of white vinegar
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Mix all the vegetable items in a bowl
In a separate bowl mix the water, vinegar, oil, and Italian seasoning,
and pour over vegetable mixture.
Dig in and enjoy!

I had plans to go to the pool today. Honestly, it has just been too hot to do anything else. Today's temperatures were 96 degree, but feel more like a 110 degrees with the humidity. However, about the time I finished making our snack to take with us the clouds rolled in and the sky got very dark. We know these clouds, and they bring with them thunderstorms and lightning. I was right! Bonnie is making her way across Georgia and raining like there is no tomorrow. Didn't stop me from eating my treat. I honestly think that Texas Caviar is not only good on corn chips, but would be just a delicious served on a bed of lettuce, on top of fish tacos, or in a wrap with turkey meat. It is that yummy!

9 comments:

n a t s u m i said...

Texas Caviar looks delicious! I would love to try it!
We have another heat wave here in NY too. it's 96 degrees.
Hope you are staying cool.
Have a great weekend!

Le blÖg d'Ötli said...

I want to taste ! Now ;)


And for the previsous post... Lovely you !

Ida Nielsen said...

Looks tasty!! I wonder why it's called caviar?

Metropolitan Mum said...

Wow, now I am seriously hungry.

Kelly said...

Yum!

Guusje said...

YUM, will make that for sure!!!!

Thatchers Treehouse...Tami said...

Ummm yeah, my friend made this for me a few weeks ago....I have been making in on almost an every other day basis for the last month!

MODsquad said...

Ha! I'll eat this after I eat the brownies!

Lost in Translation said...

Oh that looks great. I might have to try that. :)