The Freiberg Temple
















Just want to start off by saying how thankful I am that no damage occurred to my house in Georgia as the hurricane passed through.  Thankful to my neighbors who helped my mother and son put our garden furniture away and trash cans so that they would not cause damage as the winds whipped through the city. Please pray along with me for my neighbors who received damaged to their homes from fallen trees. Also, pray that electricity will soon be restored and for all those in Florida and the Caribbean who have major damage and flooding to their homes.

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to attend the Freiberg Temple with my church group.  As you might know or not know I am LDS or otherwise known as Mormon.  LDS is just a shorten version of the church name which is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  As to why people call us Mormons well that has to do with that we believe in the Book of Mormon which is another book of scriptures that testify of Jesus Christ and his ministry on this earth.  We use this book in accompaniment with the Old and New Testament.

The weekend was just what I needed!! We traveled by a large double decker coach bus that took us about 5 hours with a short break in between to Freiberg where the temple is located. Once we arrived in Freiberg, we checked into our rooms, ate dinner, and attended a conference before we entered the Temple.  I hadn't been for a while, so it was a great opportunity to be still and talk with my Heavenly Father with things that were on my heart.  What do we do at the Temple?  If you are interested, you can go to the link here and it will tell you about why LDS build temples.  This site can do a much better job than I could ever do.  Just know that what we do in the temple is not a secret and while non-members are not allowed to go into the temple it is not because we are doing anything strange or secret behind the walls,  We just want to keep the space holy and a place of worship.  I was married 20 years ago in the Portland Oregon Temple.  If you are ever curious about seeing the inside of a temple keep your eyes open for an open house.  Often when they build a temple or renovate a temple before they dedicate it back to the Lord, they will open it up to the public and for a couple of weeks visitors can take a tour of the building.

On Saturday morning we attended the temple again, and then afterwards ate lunch at a really cute restaurant down the street.  The food was so good.  Then it was time to head back home. We arrived back home around 8:00 p.m..  I am so grateful my husband was able to watch the children for me, so that I could charge my batteries.  Love him so much!

Comments

Sharon Wagner said…
Yum! Love the little green walking symbol.

Popular Posts