Playdoh

I think all of my children have enjoyed playing with playdoh, but as the older ones got older they moved onto other things. The other day I opened the playdoh box for my two year old only to find that all the playdoh had dried up. Given how hot it was I was not going to lug the children down to the store to buy some. We made our own.
Ingredients
1 cup of flour
1/2 cup of salt
1 (3) ounce package of jello
2 Tablespoons of cream of tarter
1 cup of water
2 Tablespoon of oil
First mix all dry ingredients in a bowl or the pan. Then add water and oil. Over medium low cook until the dough pulls away from the side of the pan and is no longer wet. If you have ever made cream puffs the dough will look like this. Turn out onto counter top and kneed until smooth. When children are finished playing with it just store in refrigerator in a Ziploc bag. It smells great too!

Comments

RyDeb.White said…
Your blog is so fun to read! I love all the recipes, I've got to try making play-doh at home.
Heather said…
What a great recipe, thank you for sharing
Unknown said…
I've made this same recipe but instead of the jello - it was food coloring. The color is quite dull. The jello is a brilliant (literally!) idea! I wonder if kool-aid would work too? I use it to dye wool .....

Popular Posts