Butter Pecan Heaven


Hi!  I can't believe that Christmas is just a week away. How did that happen?  I also can't believe that 2018 is almost over.  2018 hasn't ended on a good note for me and as the saying goes when it rains it pours. This has been definitely true for our family. It seems our car can't stay out of the shop. Ouch!  It has hit our pocketbook big time. I have to say that for the most part 2018 has been a good year and I look forward to 2019. The other day I was scrolling through Facebook and a recipe popped up on my screen for Butter Pecan Cookies. The recipe comes from the recipe critic. I couldn't resist, so with a little help from friends, I made them the other day. Seriously, they are so good. If you love Butter Pecan, then these cookies are for you. I ended up taking them to a holiday party.  Everyone loved them!
Butter Pecan Cookies
1 cup of butter melted and slightly cooled
1 1/4 cups of brown sugar
1/2 cups of white sugar
1 large egg plus one egg yolk
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
3 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of cornstarch
3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
3/4 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 cups of chopped pecans
1/2 cup of chopped toffee bits
In a bowl combine butter, sugar, and eggs until fluffy in a separate
 bowl combine all dry ingredients then add to wet ingredients.
Once all combined add pecans and toffee bits.  Place cookie balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in an oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. I like my cookies on the soft side so I usually lean toward the lesser of those two minutes.   

Enjoy!  


Comments

Lisa said…
I love butter pecan and those cookies sound delicious!! I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a happy holiday season!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
DUTA said…
Everything made with butter tastes heavenly. I've just had a butter croissant, so I know. Unfortunately, I seldom eat these butter goodies for fear of gaining weight. Whenever I gain weight it affects my mobility and as I don't drive it becomes clear what I have to do in order to be able, at my age, to walk freely and smoothly.
italiafinlandia said…
Hello, dear blog friend. I wish you really all the best for the Christmas time and the New Year! Thanks for following and reading my pages. Good days to you and your dearest.
William Kendall said…
Merry Christmas to you!

I'd pass- but only because I'm not fond of pecan.
Yum! I have never made butter pecan cookies before but love eating them. Wishing you a Merry Christmas!
junieper2 said…
2018 has been an expensive year for us too, so I know what you mean, but after the summer it started turning to how we used to live - and I know you will experience it too, for your heavenly Father takes care of you. Sitting still must be hard for you,so I smiled at the recipe of these delicious looking cookies!Many thanks and wishing you and your family a joyful and merry Christmas. We'll connect back up (or before)on the 30th for All Seasons!
mmmm those cookies sound delicious.

It's amazing how fast time flies.
Car repairs can be expensive. I hope 2019 is a much better year for you.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays !
I love cookies with chocolate and pecan or bean.

have a great day
Su-sieee! Mac said…
Simply by saying butter pecan cookies, I can taste them melting in my mouth. It's good to have an active imagination. lol. Merry Christmas you and your family, Kelleyn!
Bob Bushell said…
Beautiful to eat, love them.
Jeanna said…
Thank you for this recipe, I need pecans for a kind of Mexican Wedding Cake ball with cherries and chocolate and always have leftover pecans. There are a few pecan nuts (ha) in the family that I think will love this. I can smell them baking already. I'm in a baking panic because every day there's been some kind of distraction but like Scarlet says, "Tomorrow is another day." Merry Christmas to you.
betty-NZ said…
Sounds so yummy! Thanks for the recipe!
junieper2 said…
Forgot to get back to you about the trees in the snow on my blog - these are, as far as I know Manzanita trees. Saw them first at Yosemite Nat. park, which is not too far from here. They are drought tolerant, and always advised not to put this wood in the fire place/stove, because it's extremely flammable and the fire explodes!

Popular Posts