Double Chocolate Chip Cookies and Turning Ten


Hi!  It has been been a busy week.  Over the weekend the children went to German school, slept over at their Nana's house, went to a couple of birthday parties, and now a few of them are sick as allergy season has hit.  The trees are blooming in full force and it is even beginning to snow pink pedals.  I have been busy wrapping up summer travel plans. I still need to book the ferry for our trip to Elba, Italy in July.  I have also been working on a list of items that we will need to buy either when we get there or on-line to be delivered once we get there since we will be moving into an unfurnished apartment.  Unbeknownst to me, we are due to arrive on a major holiday weekend.  I always thought the holiday was in May (Christihimmelfahrt), but I guess the date probably changes based on when Easter is because I think the holiday celebrates Christ return to heaven after the resurrection.  Anyway, lots to do as you can see.  We are also going out of town this weekend or at least me and the little kids are because it is Presidents weekend.  We are heading down south to Jekyll Island.  Not sure if we will be able to go in the water since the temperatures keep fluctuating.  Today it is pretty cold, but at least it is sunny.  On another note, my son Roman turns 10 today.  We are celebrating here at home as he as chosen to go to Legoland in Germany as his birthday present.  I can't believe how fast time passes.  Wasn't he a baby just a minute ago?  We adore him!  He is such a good kid and so kind to everyone he meets.  Yesterday, we made these yummy double chocolate chip cookies.  The recipe is from David Lebovitz.  So so yummy!  Chocolate Heaven! Well, I better go!  I just got word that the German Consulate just denied passports for our two adopted daughters.  Ugh!  So frustrating! They are saying that we need to get the adoptions recognized in Germany. Now we need to figure out how they are going to stay over there with us over there as visitors only can stay 90 days.  See you back here in a couple days.  When I post pictures from our trip.  Hugs and Kisses!








Comments

Tamar SB said…
Those look so tasty!!
Molly said…
Ahh licking the spoon... one of the best things about home baking

Mollyx
Christine said…
The cookies look so good!
Edit said…
Yummy cookies! :)
Somehow we can never plan our summer travel in time. We are planning, but in the end we usually just pack in and go, when we find some days, that are good for everybody. :D
Have a happy weekend!
Ramona said…
Yummy cookies! Happy Birthday to your adorable boy!
Sharon Wagner said…
Two great things. Although, I can only remember the taste of the cookies. The other was too long ago.

Popular Posts