One week!

In one week, I will boarding a plane for China.  It seems so unreal.  Here I am again at the crossroads of beginning a new journey a journey that includes a little girl born half way across the world.  Here I sit fully aware of everything that is about to take place and she has no idea how her life is going to be turned upside down.  Everything she has known for the last two years of her life is going to change, and while it is a good change my heart is breaking for her because I have seen that terror in ones eyes before when they handed Avery to my husband and I.  Avery had never seen a white person in her life.  Ivy may have as her orphanage is more open to visitors, but the impact of those white visitors from America have probably made very little impression upon her brain.  However, this is about so much more.  It is about a loss of culture, a loss of identity, a loss of ever knowing who her birth mother is or her birth father (let's not forget them).  I understand she will always be somewhere between.  Let's get something straight, I am not saving this child.  I am not a Savior. She isn't so lucky.  I am the lucky one and  I am just so grateful for this opportunity to be apart of her journey. As you say your prayers this week can you please keep her in your prayers.  Pray that she will know that we love her. Help her heart to heal as she grieves the loss of the only care givers she has ever know and the only home she has ever know.  Her friends who she has come to know and pray for them that are left behind.  Thank you!




Comments

Francesca said…
I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts. Hope you'll be able to update us on this journey, good luck!
Oh this is all so true and so hard on our little loves. Sending special thoughts with you for both of your hearts. xxx
Cascia Talbert said…
I will keep her in my prayers. Adoption is beautiful! You are giving this child the best gift ever. I wish you a safe trip out to China.
Anonymous said…
Oh a lot of adjustment! When we came back after a week of China, there were 4 families, all with an adopted child around us. Wishing you much strength and courage. If you have time before going or at the airport when you go back, maybe you can let her choose a little toy, something to remember her birth country by?
Buckeroomama said…
Will keep you and your family in my prayers. You are a blessing to each other (Ivy and your family). She is adorable!
betty-NZ said…
I can't imagine how disruptive it would be, but, of course, it's all for the best. I will be praying for you all and waiting for your return with your new addition.
CountryMouse said…
She is gorgeous. I hope you and your family can overcome any problems to make you a strong family. You are giving her family, just as she is adding to yours.
Oh! Have a great trip going to get your sweet girl. I have never adopted, but have learned so much from the many who have. Blessings upon you all and may the transition be sweet all around.

Popular Posts