A Picnic in Provence "Corner View Sunshine part 2"

Thankfully this week has been much slower than the last couple of weeks.  I have actually had a moment to breath and even read a book.  I just finished the book Picnic in Provence and feel like I took a trip there myself.  Written by American author Elizabeth Bard this book is a true story of her journey from New Yorker to living in Provence, France and her unexpected journey to the new title of ice cream maker.  This book is witty and refreshing as she shares her struggles as a child who suffered living with a parent who was mentally ill, too being a new mother, and living in a country where no one is fat.  Picnic in Provence is also a cookbook.  This week I have made three recipes from the book: A Soup Au Pistou, Chickpeas and Roasted Peppers, and Saffron Carrot Cupcakes. This book is a little ray sunshine in one's day.






Comments

Shauna said…
Hey!! Remember me???? :) Okay this book sounds so delightful! I would love to read it. Kelleyn, if you liked this book I bet you would love the book "A Homemade Life" by Molly Wizenberg. It's so good! When is your birthday?

I got caught up on all of your posts and I am so excited and impressed with your son. Congrats to him on this American business youth club and his nomination. Also, I saw your movie reviews and I have to say that The Age of Adeline was one of my very most favorite movies in a super long time. I love it so much. I thought that the dialogue was very good and even paced. I loved the way they kept her reminiscent of her "old world" by keeping her modern look slightly "back then." I thought as an actress she was fantastic and I thought the narrator, though could be thought of as annoying, added a sort of scientific feel when necessary. I thought it very creative and lovely all around. Ha! So there you go, how's this for a comment. You're trip to California is coming up. Keep me posted. :) Love,

Shauna xo
Betsy said…
heading to the library to see if they have this book. Your dishes of food look Delish!
Menthe Blanche said…
I love the soupe au pistou..... ;)
Buckeroomama said…
That sounds like a book I'd enjoy reading. Thanks for sharing! I love all of Peter Mayle's books and this one seems to be right up the same alley.
Holly said…
This post is truly scrumptious! I just might have to go check out this book.
Heather said…
I'll have to read that one. Sounds quirky (and I love quirky) and the food looks yummy.
This looks like a delightful read and I will have to keep an eye out for it.

Diana
shayndel said…
They all look delicious, and the sun shines through your post!! Glad you could take some time to relax. Happy sunny days♡
Francesca said…
one can never go wrong with a touch of french-ness!
Le monde dÖ said…
Sunny yummy ;) have a nice day!
it sounds like a delightful book and cookbook!
Unknown said…
Oooh... your food looks tasty!
merlecolibri said…
vos plats à la provençale ont l'air très bons !
Redeker said…
reading cooking enjoying...sounds really great all together!

Popular Posts