Saying Goodbye

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to attend the funeral of my great-aunt Phyllis. She was 91 years old and lived a life filled with kindness and love for others. She was such a wonderful person. She had a way of making everyone that met her feel special.  She had a devote love for her Heavenly Father and was an active member in her congregation.  Her ceremony was beautiful and got me thinking as to whether I live my life in such a manner that others can stand as my witness that I loved my Heavenly Father and loved all those around me. It was a wonderful opportunity for all of us to gather together and share stories of not only her life of but our family. Sadly, we are all spread out around the United States, so we don't get an opportunity to see each other that often.  Her funeral was attended by all 5 of her remaining children (one passed away a few years ago to cancer), her 9 grandchildren, her 3 great-grandchildren, extended family, and friends.
 




  After the ceremony, we all gathered together at her home to celebrate her life!
What a wonderful life it was!
Till we meet again!





Comments

Bless your sweet family!!! What an amazing blessing she was and now a legacy for you!
Anonymous said…
Funerals and saying goodbye to loved ones always make you think about the big things, doesn´t it? It´s a good reminder for how to live I think.
dawn said…
As sad as it is to say good bye for now it is always wonderful to share such lovely family times and share such sweet memories.

So sorry for your loss.
Sorry for your loss. But it sounds like she lived a full life, and left it with her loved ones surrounding her. Can't ask for much more than that, can we?
Anonymous said…
sad and sweet, at the same time. hugs.
Stephanie said…
She sounds like she was a wonderful person. I'm glad you got to spend time with your family celebrating her life.

Popular Posts