Hands "Corner view"


Originally, I was intending to post a photo of my mother's hands. She always has either a crochet hook in her hand or knitting needles. I don't think there is a day that goes by that she isn't working on something; however, the opportunity did not arise that I could get a photo of her performing these task this week. Then I remembered this video with this song. It is beautiful. I usually do not post much on my blog about religion not because I am  embarrassed by my religion nor am I embarrassed that I am religious, but my testimony of God is so special to me that I just get uncomfortable talking about it. I know not everyone that reads this blog is religious or that you may have a different religious affiliation than I do, and I respect that. When I think of hands I think of the service they provide. We have all been given different talents which have been given to us to benefit ourselves and to be a blessing to others. Do you remember when Hilary Clinton wrote the book called It Takes a Village in 2006? Basically, she spoke of how our service to others ;especially, to children was in desperate need and that we can not raise a great nation without each of us helping each other. I am so grateful to the many wonderful people who filled in the gap. My mother worked and was a single parent for many years before getting married again. I was so blessed to have so many wonderful people bless me by watching over me when it wasn't always convenient. I know I woudn't be where I am today if it wasn't for these people and for that I am very grateful.  I think sometimes we think we have to something grand when we think of service, but it doesn't have to be.  It could be something so simple as taking time to talk to the check out clerk at the grocery store, a smile to someone as they walk by, taking a meal to a mother who just had a baby or to someone who is sick, or offering to watch someone's child so they could run an errand, and while these acts are so simple the impact is great. 

Comments

Shauna said…
I love this post Kelleyn. Very beautifully put. I love to help. It's my favorite thing to do. My only hope is that my body, mind, hands, and feet will stay strong so that I will always be able to just help. Love to you,

Shauna xoxoxo
Le monde dÖ said…
I'm not really "religious" but I like your idea and this video... It's beautiful.
Francesca said…
good point - we certainly don't need to be religious to think of hands in terms of the service they provide.
Menthe Blanche said…
Like ötli, I'm not really religious too but I like the way you talk about this subject. Nice.
marie said…
Ok, now I am close to tears, & I am not a cry-er! But it gets me in the mood for institute which I am leaving for in a few minutes.

Such a great reminder, and I LOVE this song. I have to admit I get caught up in my own life most of the time, but what a wonderfully important message for me to carry in my heart today.
Cole said…
So important to make those connections. You never know when the favor is or will be returned. Lovely!
tinajo said…
Lovely put, I like this post. :-)
Heather said…
She has a beautiful voice. And you are so right - just a kind word to a stranger can make such a positive impact that will more than likely be paid forward by the person receiving the kind words and by those who witnessed the kindness.

Popular Posts