You Can

You can teach an old dog new tricks! Yesterday, I took a photography class and I finally learned how to shoot my camera not on automatic! While for some that might not seem like a big deal it is for me. I am so thrilled that I have all ready acomplished one of my goals for 2013! I know I still have a long way to come to becoming a really great photographer, but it is a start. The light bulb came on! Afterwards, I took my son Winston on a date to celebrate. He had raspberry sorbet and I had the salted carmel truffel ice cream. I am going to follow up the class with another class that I am taking on line that will last a month. How was your weekend? Did you learn anything new?
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
p.s these are all taken straight out of the camera. No photoshop! Photoshop is another mountain to tackle for another day.

Comments

Wow great shots! I hope to actually focus more on that this year....! Happy Sunday!
Kirk Klippel said…
Wow...well you couldn't tell that you didn't know how to shoot other than auto. Luckily my husband is a photographer so he shows me all of that stuff, but still, I like you want to take a class.

Kelleyn, the shots are great. Love them, kids are the best canvas. Love to you,

Shauna xo
Francesca said…
well done! let us know how the course online is, that would be an option for me!
Tiffany said…
Congratulations! What a great day, your kiddos are adorable too:) Have a great week.

Tiffany
Unknown said…
That's awesome! Adorable pictures!
Dianne said…
Congratulations, great shots! Looking forward to seeing many more photo shoots. Isn't photography FUN!
R's Rue said…
They are lovely! Great job!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com
n said…
These are great shots! I have never taken a photography class before... it mush be fun!
Nancy said…
I don't do portraits because I'm horrible at it -- these are wonderful! Thanks for the visit. Much appreciated Kelleyn.
Buckeroomama said…
These are great shots! Hooray for getting out of the auto mode.

I have to admit that I still sometimes shoot in semi-auto mode and have not really gone 'totally' manual yet --especially when I'm taking pictures of the kids. I worry that if I fiddle around too much, I lose the moment. :)
Menthe Blanche said…
Lovely portraits! Good work :)
Shonni said…
These are absolutely beautiful. I love that they are not photoshopped...goodness, who has time and and it so very rewarding to capture it in the camera.
katy said…
congrats! The portraits look really nice. Good job capturing the light. I've taken a few photography classes here and there - I'm now comfortable shooting in aperture priority. I took a class about shooting in manual this fall. I think I understood it for a minute . . .but now I think I already need a refresher!!

Popular Posts