Finaly days in Orlando, Florida "JoY" cornerview











Sorry, it is taking me a little longer to get to the computer these days. I have been working on getting my Christmas cards mailed and teacher and thank you gifts completed. I will share more on this on Friday, but I would like to share with you the rest of our vacation last week and some things that I learned. Wednesday we spent the day at the pool of our condo. Then later that afternoon we went to see the movie, Hugo. I hadn't read the book, so I really didn't have any clue what the movie was about; however, I knew that this movie was one to be seen on the big screen. It did not disappoint. My 4-year-old liked the movie, but I would have to say that this movie might be for a little bit older audience. There was nothing in the movie a 4-year-old could not see, but the topic is pretty deep. Then we hung out at Downtown Disney. The boys loved the Lego store, but boy is it way to expensive to eat there. A child's meal at most of the restaurants will cost you around $10 and an adult meal $15 to $20 a plate. Ouch! Thursday we went to Universal Islands of Adventure with our good friends Marco, Simona, and their children. What I didn't know is that Universal Islands and Universal though located in the same place are two different parks and two different prices. If you have only one day, just pick one park because there is no way you can see both parks in one day. Even with a disability pass, we were not able to ride on all the rides at the park. The huge hit at Universal Islands of Adventure for the big kids was Harry Potter. They did a fantastic job of recreating Hog Smead. The children tried butterbeer and chocolate frogs. Roman and Michaela met their hero Captain American and Spiderman. The park has a lot of water rides which is perfect for summer, but in November I made the mistake of going on one ride and came off completely soaked. Brr!!! Since it was Thanksgiving we ate at a restaurant located outside the gates. Yuck is all I can say. The food was terrible. On Friday, Winston went to see our friends son play in a soccer tournament at the ESPN Disney soccer stadium. Sadly, our team lost. Then it was time to pack up and head home. We had a great time.

Comments

Great shots ....everyone looks like they had a wonderful trip and your lil one is getting so big!
Unknown said…
Looks like fun! My boys would LOVE the Harry Potter theme park.
Francesca said…
no, a water ride in november doesn't sound like much fun, but i bet you enjoyed all the rest!
Menthe Blanche said…
It's a paradise for children here!

Popular Posts