Header

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Before and After Cornerview




I have spent the morning racking my brain on what I should present for this weeks corner view challenge. Time is very limited these days with a brand new baby who thinks it is party time from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m. I keep telling her she needs to change her ways, but she is a very disobedient baby. "Wink-Wink" I would have loved to show you my baby bump and post baby tummy, but baby couldn't wait to come to this world thus I never got any real baby pump photos. I thought I could show you what I look like with sleep and no sleep, but that is pretty scary. I could wait till Saturday when Winston gets home and do a before and after photo shoot with my boys getting haircuts (boy do they need them). Then I remembered a mock dessert using bananas. You take as many bananas as you like. Freeze them and then throw them in the blender with a splash of milk or soy milk. Out comes banana ice cream. Top with some chopped walnuts and a drizzle of chocolate syrup and walah you have a low calorie dessert that will not make your waistline grow. I don't know about you, but doesn't that sound perfect. I need to get back on the diet train if I ever want to fit back into my pants.

15 comments:

Sarah said...

Yummy! Looks and sounds delicious.

Beth said...

My neighbor freezes her bananas to use in smoothies, but I've yet to try it. I drink soy milk and well, this just sounds good. Simple, healthy, and easy on the figure. What more could you ask for?
I'm a grandmother but I remember many sleepless nights with my first child (a lot of no nap days on top of the no sleep nights). I just smile now when she talks of her child's sleep habits or rather lack of sleep habits.
Anyway, I can honestly say, it's worth it--all that comes with raising a child ---truly.

Leckeres für Mensch und Katze said...

A yummy before-after! :) I read about your son and I´m glad he is ok now in the moment and wishing all the best to you!
If you like join this yummy bananshake with us on PicStory* - this week: self-made*. You are warmly invited :)
LG Tina

Lete said...

Mmm,, this is so yummy!
I see your a couple of weeks away from the delivery!
And don't worry, once she's born the extra kilos will go away.

♥ w o o l f ♥ said...

thank you for that most interesting tip! my bananas always go off a little (why the heck do i buy them???), so i know what to do with the ones close to dripping off the table as we speak... ;)))
haircuts alright? ;)
n♥

Formerly known as Frau said...

Yummy and healthy too!

Cate said...

Oh yum! The perfect before and after for a new mama... How you are participating in CV at all is beyond me. Verrrry impressive!

Hope Little A starts listening to her mama, but she IS so little still. Love her up!

Mikko Tyllinen said...

Looks very beautiful! :)

francesca said...

making de sserts is a good way to fight some of that early baby fatigue. how's abby doing?

LindyLouMac in Italy said...

Good to meet you, I am just calling by to return your recent visit to News From Italy, hope to see you there again :)
This sounds delicious and quick to prepare. Congratulations on the recent birth of your daughter.

therese said...

Mmmm, yummy!

Emily said...

Yum! What a great idea! And with day after day of over-100 degree temperatures, I'm looking for new ways to stay cool! I love this Corner View! (Although sleep/no sleep idea sounds interesting, too...:))

jane said...

you crack me up! this looks delish- and so easy! thank you!
big hugs darlin!

Theresa said...

Yum!!
BTW gelato is a mere 1,80 for 2 scoops where we were! Bargain!! But I am not getting it as much as the kids. The pants thing you mentioned... :)
Love and blessings on your little one. Take it easy girl, it is a big adjustment to add another one, I remember all too well.

Heather said...

I am suddenly hungry...