Scenes from a Party









Today I christened my house with its first party. I invited some of my woman friends over in celebration of being a Woman! I like being a woman so why not celebrate it! The party was a huge success and if I don't say so myself without bragging too much the food was excellent. I actually forgot to take photos while everyone was here. Silly me, so these are scenes from afterward. On today's menu was, Jerusalem Cucumber Salad, Shrimp Orzo Pasta, Fruit Salad, Bacon, Cheddar, and Spinach Quiche, Strawberry Lemonade, Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, and Hummingbird Cake. Yummy! The weather was perfect for sitting on my deck almost a little too hot, but this didn't stop us from having a good time. Here is to the next party in two weeks-my sons birthday party.  He postponed his party in February so that he could have a swim birthday party in May.  I can't wait for the many parties around the corner.  Let the festivities begin!
post edit note:  Sorry to lazy to link all the recipes, but I will tell you where I found them. Cucumber salad from Smitten Kitchen, Cake from Joy of Baking.com. Cupcakes found on Martha Stewart.com cupcake series, Shrimp Orzo salad from Food Network, and well the Quiche is a creation of my mom's she has been making them forever so I don't know where the recipe comes from.  Hope this helps!  Hugs!

Comments

Joyce said…
Oh, Kelleyn your salads looks so... good and perfect for this time of year. Please share the recipes. I love parties. It sounds like you and your family are on the right road to many more parties ahead. Enjoy! xo
Purple Flowers said…
You are now enjoying your new home with family and friend. So glad for you!
Unknown said…
I only recently tried hummingbird cake. It's a southern recipe, isn't it? Everything looks delicious!
Buckeroomama said…
What a lovely spread! I am so checking out the Shrimp Orzo recipe. =)
Unknown said…
Yammy, I would love to be there eating everything looks so delicious.
camaca said…
I love the roses picture!
Serline said…
Don't think your guests could have complained about the food... boy, am I hungry now!
Jim said…
Now that looks like a lot of fun was had by all! If they could move that is from all that great food! lol
We could use some of that 'almost too hot' weather in our neck of the woods!
Thanks for dropping by my blog.
Jim
Jim said…
I see that I am a 'double' follower.....oopps! I'll be OK in a day or two!
Isabelle said…
whaouuu I am impressed ... I would love to celebrate with you next time !!!
*drools* This party looks right up my street. Yummy!! And what a great idea to celebrate being a woman. We should do that more often. Cheers to you, woman! :)
Marla said…
Everything looks delicious, but I especially want a piece of that Hummingbird Cake. Yum. :)

Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com
Francesca said…
i've been unable to leave a comment here - a first party with woman friends sounds like a wonderful event, and the food looks so good!
mhmmmm... yummy!!! would love to celebrate with you. looks like fun.
Nadja said…
Hi Kelleyn,

wow, this food looks absolutely delicious... :-)

That's great that Winston is doing so well in Germany, I bet his German will be perfect when he comes back to the US. :D

Here in Austria nothing special is going on, it's just work work work... am always looking forward to the next weekend... Sometimes it's quite stressful but I like working there a lot because all the tasks are interesting.
Hope you and the rest of the gang are doing well. Please send my regards to your mom. By the way, those are really beautiful pictures of you and Nancy in your blog.

Have a good Sunday... lots of hugs, Nadja

Popular Posts