Header

Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Harvest!

The day was so beautiful as we drove through the foot of the Appalachian Trail. The rolling hills and vistas around each corner. It was a day that for me at least makes me amazed at all of God's creations. What a masterful artist he is! Though it was not originally on our plan, we stopped at an apple farm in Ellijay to pick apples. The boys had fun. They picked about 4 different varieties: Rome, Cameo, Granny Smiths, and Golden Delicious. I can't wait to make an apple crisp and maybe some applesauce. The farm was having a festival and for $5 per child you could go on a hayride, pet the farm animals, and watch various groups perform. The smell of yummy food floated all around almost making me dizzy with delight,and had we not just ate lunch I am sure we would have had our teeth into the apple dumplings, cider, smoke turkey legs, or a plate of apples with carmel dip. The only thing I didn't like was the smell. I think the farm needs to move the manure to the far end of the property because I almost past out on the hayride. I better get cooking!

2 comments: