Inspired


It is hard to put into words the events of yesterday. Inspired may be the word. I have to admit that I did not vote for Obama. I have always loved McCain. I thought he should be the president 8 years ago. I loved the way he has been able to work with both sides of the party line to accomplish the things he felt passionate about. On top of that, I am a die hard Republican though all my family members are Democrats. My friend Mel might cringe when she reads this because she is a Democrat. I hope she will still be my friend. Anyways, my heart changed yesterday. As I was out and about yesterday, you could feel the hope in the air. I saw African Americans hold their heads a little higher. I pray that he will be a good president. I hope that America can be once again been seen for what it really is-a place where it doesn't matter to what family you were born into or how much money you have. A melting pot of races and religions. A place where dreams come true. Good Luck Mr. President!!!!

Comments

sweetpea said…
I'm just hoping the words will turn into actions...
Mel said…
No cringing from me, even if your heart didn't change :) That's because you have a giant heart and really we all agree a lot more than we give ourselves credit for. Hopefully we agree on your last statement: Good luck Mr. President!!

Popular Posts