Tuscaloosa

I am totally losing my mind or I just have too much going on; however, I think I go with the second one as who wants to admit they are losing their mind.  Anyway, last month when we went to Alabama to go to our friend's house in Jasper we decided to do a little detour on the way back and go to Tuscaloosa.  I figured we never get over that way so why not?  Tuscaloosa is such a cute college town with old homes and a fun college-town vibe.  I would highly recommend stopping and seeing the town if you have a chance.  We arrived in Tuscaloosa around dinner time and due to a total thunderstorm, we had no other choice but to get some dinner.  After dinner, we drove over to a really cute ice cream place called the Baked Bear.  The ice cream was out of this world. We all split one since we were all still a little full from dinner.  The next morning we wanted to go to this famous breakfast place called Rama Jamas, but sadly it was closed so we went somewhere else.  Breakfast took a little longer than I anticipated, so we just did a quick drive through town.  We would have loved to have stayed longer, but a lot was closed because of the holiday, and with rain, in the forecast I didn't want to be driving all day in the rain. Well, I need to run.  I can't believe it is almost the weekend.  This week has passed by so quick.  I hope you have a great weekend.  












Comments

Dearest Kelleyn,
You got some real good photos from that stop.
Oh, we all hate it when certain restaurants, or other destination turn out to be CLOSED!
Hugs,
Mariette
William Kendall said…
It looks like an appealing place.
Yvonne said…
Many times we would have to go to plan b or c when on a trip, but it looks like you had a good time anyway. Love that ice cream sandwich.

Popular Posts