Marc Visits Atlanta




Our friend from Germany Marc came to Atlanta for the day on his way to Miami. We met Marc through Winston's mission. Marc lives in Leipzig, and when we visited there two summers ago he was so kind to give us a tour.  Now it is our turn to reciprocate. I picked up Marc at the airport in the morning and made our way out to Stone Mountain.  It was fun to show him the carving of the Confederate soldiers.  Then it was on to visit the graves of Hank Aarons the famous baseball player and politician John Lewis. We saw the Olympic stadium torch, a drive-through downtown, and spent some time at the Martin Luther King Learning Center.  We also visited the grave of Margaret Mitchell at Oaklawn Cemetary. It was a lovely day and I even enjoyed some BBQ at a new place called Das BBQ.  It was so delicious. It was fun showing Marc the city!  I love Atlanta!  While we aren't originally from here, we have spent 20 years here in this state and I consider it home. 

Comments

William Kendall said…
Hank Aaron and John Lewis' Graves I'd like to pay my respects at.

Popular Posts