New Year New Recipes

My second-born son became vegan after the beginning of the year and so we have been getting creative on feeding him and trying to keep him from starving.  While I don't make him vegan food every night because the rest of us aren't, it has been fun trying some new recipes with him.  Here are the 3 top winners so far!  Enjoy!


by Giada Delaurentis



by Alexa Weibel
Essentially this is a cashew butter with olive oil and lemon dish with a dash of nutritional yeast.
Seriously, if you didn't know that it had nutritional yeast on it you would think this dish has cheese in it.  Super creamy and filling.  I added a can of white beans for additional protein as my son is a cross country runner and is building muscle at the moment.  


by Allison Roman
Also very yummy!



While I am certainly not going to lecture you on the benefits of being vegan because I am not as I love a good steak or a really beautifully roasted chicken, I will tell you it does have me thinking in two ways by eating this lifestyle either fully or occasionally can be beneficial.  1) Environmental impact.  Today's modern methods for meat production takes a toll on our environment. 2) Healthy -Eating a plant-based diet has been linked to reduced inflammation and lower cholesterol and I am sure many other things but since I am not a doctor nor do I follow this lifestyle I cannot give you my personal testimony.  Just food for thought!  I will testify that I did enjoy these recipes very much.  Have a great Sunday!!

Comments

I was just saying to my husband the other day we need to make more of an effort to eat vegetarian a couple of times a week. I love cheese so no way I could go vegan. These recipes look yummy! Have fun trying out new recipes, have a great week, and thank you for visiting my blog last week.
Barbara Rogers said…
Love nutritional yeast...and cheese. But I'm am leaning toward vegetarian foods this year. I sometimes have fish and chicken still. But will certainly check out several of these recipes!
Dearest Kelleyn,
Well, we both love to include vegetarian dishes into our diets for the health benefits and if all of us would be doing it, that certainly would have an impact on the environment.
Guess the first one with the Spinach Arugula and Sweet Potato is a good one.
Sending you hugs,
Mariette
junieper/Jesh said…
Great post, Kelleyn! Since one of grandkids (college age) has been eating vegan this last year, and came over for New Years day, I did some research to see what she could have, and it was a big revelation to me in how many ways cashews and chickpeas could be used!
Looking at her appearance, her facial skin had cleared up and she had lost some weight, so I could see the effect on her. Of all the things I would mind missing, would be veggies, not meat, although I never have been a dieter. Many thanks for sharing this interesting experience about diet! Have a lovely week:)
Holly said…
Delicioso. I'm a pesca/ vegetarian, in a house full of meat eaters ☺️Congrats to the boy, he's almost a month in already.
At a potluck luncheon this weekend, someone brought a sweet potato salad with greens and it might have been the one included here. That said, it was very good. Se like beans of any type and the chickpea stew is one I will try as well. We enjoy chicken and fish and pork more than beef but are happy to have a meal with salad and veggies as well.
William Kendall said…
I'd probably go for the second one.

Popular Posts