Nauvoo Part 2

Hi!  How are you?  I hope you had a wonderful 4th of July and for those overseas, I hope you are enjoying your summer so far.  The last couple of days have been so jammed packed with fun, but this mama is tired.  I have come to realize that I am no longer a spring chicken.  It takes me much longer to bounce back and I think I have come to realize I have lost my ability to try at night.  As we drove back to our hotel from Boston last night it was all I could do to get us back.  It could be that my windshield is completely dirty but maybe not.  I just have a hard time seeing the lines in the street.  I totally get my mom now when she said she could no longer drive at night.   So sad!  Anyway, I want to say Nauvoo was really wonderful.  The kids had fun going in and out of the different buildings learning how they made horseshoes or how they made bricks. All the people are dressed in costume and the musical acts and plays could rival Broadway.  The voices of the performers are incredible. The best part of it all is that it is free!  There are only a couple buildings you have to pay to get into if you want to see them and they are owned by the Community of Christ church.  Well, I gotta run.  I need to get some laundry in the machine and we are off to see my step-sister today.  Have a great day!


















































Hi! If you made it to the end thanks for scrolling to the end.  I know it is a lot of photos at one time, but I want to move on to our next destination and I need to get the photos off my hard drive as it is full at the moment.  Hope you have a great week.  Next stop in our destination will be Zionsville, Indiana where we visit some friends.

Comments

Barbara Rogers said…
That's a huge town with so many folks dressed in period costumes and presenting entertainment of the pioneering spirit...not to mention the educational exhibits! It reminds me of Old Salem NC, and Old Sturbridge Village MA, and even Williamsburg VA. Glad you got to go there. And no wonder you were tired after seeing all that!
Thanks for the photo tour and I well now how it is to share photos while on a road trip. Looks like a great day for all.
Marie Smith said…
It takes me longer to get over things now and night driving is harder. This aging business is the pits.

Popular Posts