A Busy Season


I am finding it hard to find time to write these days. This has been one of my busiest seasons.  Frank is currently in Germany selling all of our furniture, canceling our contracts, and hopefully will have the car sold when he returns home.  We have been blessed that selling the furniture and appliances went better than expected.  While we sold a few items to friends, the majority of the items were bought by one man who essentially cleared out the apartment.  Since Frank is in Germany, this has left me with having to be in multiple places at one time and once again we have been blessed that I have been able to find the support I need.  If you look at my camera roll right now it is filled with cross-country running photos of both Addy and Avery.  The above photo is of Addy with Olympic marathon runner Conner Mantz.  He placed 8th! Addy was thrilled with the opportunity to meet Conner.  He was so nice! In other news, I finally had my shoulder looked at and thankfully it is not broken nor did I tear anything.  This means I get to spend the next couple of months in physical therapy.  I also finally had my toe looked at and had them fix my ingrown toenail.  Had I known it would be that easy and relatively painless, I would have taken care of it two years ago. Sadly. today I fell again as an EMS worker had placed her bag beside me and I didn't know it was there when I turned to walk away I fell over it and landed on my face, so I have a tiny gash above my eyebrow.  Joys of living. Grateful, I didn't break anything. Last but not least, my mom arrives on Monday. I am happy that I have someone to help me ferry the kids to all their activities.  I hope you are doing well.  I am tired and sore, so I am going to bed.  Talk to you soon.

Comments

Dearest Kelleyn,
Had to get up due to a sick kitty... so I sat and read your post.
Great news about Frank handling things in Germany and that it goes well!
and for Addy it is wonderful motivation to pose with an actual Olympic marathon runner.
No doubt you look forward to your Mom arriving.
Sorry for your fall and a gash above your eyebrow. That's what Pieter ended up with when he fell on April 13 on the kitchen tile floor. Guess his glasses caused the wound... We always have to check our surroundings and look where we put our feet—accidents happen quickly.
But indeed, nothing broken and this too will heal!
Hugs,
Mariette
VENTANA DE FOTO said…
Espero que con la fisioterapia de recuperes y vuelvas a la normalidad.
Feliz domingo de descanso.
Good that selling the furniture went well, not so good falling and hurting ones self, I hope you recover quick
likeschocolate said…
Thank you! My head was sore for a day, but it isn't so bad now, just a really thin scratch on my face!

Popular Posts