Utah21



 










 I can't believe the year is almost coming to an end.  We have been in Utah for a little more than a week now, but the crazy thing is that I haven't taken very many pictures.  We arrived on Saturday afternoon the 18th and from there we went straight to Siegfried's for Schnitzel and fried potatoes.  It has become a tradition.  Afterwards, we just went to the hotel and did a little grocery shopping.  On Sunday morning, we got up and went to church with our friends the Andereggs.   It was a lovely service and afterwards, we went to their house for lunch where we had crepes.  Yummy!  Then it was off to collect the ski gear!  Monday, the girls, Harris, and my husband went skiing.  They had a really good day.  Tuesday, I visited with my friend Sandy and sadly lost my phone only to find it the next day.  Thankfully, it showed up at the restaurant where we had been eating.  On Wednesday, the family went skiing again and had another good day of skiing.  I was able to meet with my friend Emily in the meantime.  I also played secret Santa to a few missionaries who are serving here in the area.   On Thursday, I took the girls to see the movie Sing 2 and afterwards we went to see some Christmas lights up in the hills of SLC.  On Friday, we drove down to Provo and our son Harris showed us around the campus and where he has worked the last 4 years in the engineering building.  We grabbed some groceries on the way home and on Saturday which was Christmas the kids went skiing again.  The weather hasn't been the best for skiing this year.  I made us dinner while they were skiing.  After dinner, we went to the hot tub and went swimming in the hotel.  Sunday, we just went to church.  Once again a beautiful service.  We have been just hanging around the hotel today as I have a cold.  The rest of the family is fine thank goodness.  We head home on Friday.  I am going to try and get more photos before we leave.   I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!  














Comments

William Kendall said…
I only cross country ski. I was thinking of trying it, but my leg is stil in recovery mode.
Dearest Kelleyn,
It sounds like you had a full schedule, all of you that is.
Harris of course feels right at home in the SLC area.
Pieter left his skis behind in The Netherlands giving them to his Goddaughter's husband. We did not know that only 4 hours north in Georgia we could ski. Well we did rent them for cross country skiing and that worked fine.
Yes, we had a lovely peaceful Christmas. Twice I've performed as a soprano singer in the choir with orchestra for Händel's Messiah. That was so lovely, the best homage to God in my opinion. One has to admire Charles Jennens for the lyrics and Georg Friedrich for the heavenly music; both must have been inspired by God!
Also Christmas Eve we enjoyed a Mass, full with carols to sing. Less so on Christmas Day. But we got our share and loved it.
The painters are back, this afternoon for doing the three entrance doors and the gazebo. Let's hope they finish this year!
Hugs,
Mariette

Popular Posts