Camilo Beach and Lagos

 I am not sure how I missed posting about Camilo Beach, but somehow I did.  Located not too far from where we were staying, Lago's Camilo Beach was my favorite. The stairs were too bad. Another thing to note is that the beach had lots of topless women.  Since we didn't go to any of the other beaches I can't attest to whether there were more or fewer at other beaches.  This is pretty common in Europe.  I remember one time when I took my kids to the beach in Holland and as we were entering there were three gentlemen completely nude.  That was fun trying to explain to the kids why the men were naked.  We just walked past them and I didn't make too big of a deal about it and the kids didn't either.  After walking the two miles to the beach, I certainly wasn't going to leave.  Oh, and a quick tip on Lagos is that the closer your get to the old town center the more narrow the roads come, so best to leave your car at the hotel and walk or find one of the city parking lots and go the rest of the way on foot.  It will definitely save you the headache of backing into someone or something.  The old town center if I didn't say it before is very charming and full of tourist shops and restaurants.  As I mentioned before, some evenings during peak tourism season can get very busy, so it is best to book a reservation for evening dining.  Well, this concludes my trip to Portugal.  As I said, the country is beautiful, the food amazing, and the people just lovely.  I would highly recommend a trip to Portugal.














Comments

Dearest Kelleyn,
Well, all males go topless as well and some do have mor 'bust' than some girls... 😉
So you went to the beach in The Netherlands, obviously in the province of North or South Holland. They ought to have sections for beaches without clothes. You might have overlooked such sign.
Oh, those very narrow medieval cities in Europe are a pain in the ... for driving your car. We experienced that in Italy and even some places you cannot enter with any car!
Imagine for having a fire there, or needing an ambulance or moving furniture?! A lot of hand work... Not easy. That is the other side of the coin that we call charming, being a tourist!
Hugs,
Mariette
Nancy Chan said…
The beach is beautiful. It would be an interesting place to visit. Driving on narrow roads take skill.
Thank you for showing me the place
betty-NZ said…
Wow, that's an amazing beach! I could spend lots of time there just taking photos :)

Thanks for sharing your link at My Corner of the World this week!

Popular Posts