River Rafting





Hi!  How are you?  Hope you are having a good week.  Summer is winding down and the kids go back to school in a couple of weeks.  All summer long we have promised Addy that we would take her rafting.  The funny thing is was that it wasn't all it cracked up to be and she cried most of the way down the river because she was so cold.  The river water was pretty cold I have to admit at 57 degrees.  It was our last hurrah as a family for the next two years.  Harris is going back to University today and Winston was set apart as a missionary last night.  He started his training on-line today and will depart for Germany on Friday.  Well, I am off!  We are going to lunch at a local Mexican restaurant.  Thankfully, they have outside seating.  Then I have to take Harris to the airport while my mom is going to take the girls to a local swim facility.  Hopefully, the weather will hold out as it looks like it might rain today.

Comments

Dearest Kelleyn,
Wow, that was indeed cold water but what can you do once you all have come to the place for 'rafting'?
Can't believe that your kids are moving along that fast, off to university and to Germany on his own for the two eldest.
Life is just a snap and we ought to make the very best of it every day.
We have a week full with thunder storms and rain. So lucky that I made it out to Atlanta on Monday, without any problems, very smooth traffic too and I was back with Pieter in record time. Feels good for being able to stock up normally. Well, Costco did not have paper towels... One wonders what is going on in this world?!
Wishing you the best with the remainder of summer and safe travels for your son on Friday!
I'm still fighting with the publisher as my upload for printing did not include the very important Review Quotes and Table of Contents. Managed to get the Paperback past that stage this morning but now their team has reversed it and I had to start all over... A lot of stress and I only wish to get beyond this stage. Writing the book, the actual typing and editing was nothing compared to all the things around it. Waiting for my graphic designer to insert the Tables and the Images and proofing that etc. She's off to Germany on vacation, where she's born and she put me on hold for the eBook till after August 17... Don't like that as I wanted to launch Hardback, Paperback and eBook together.
Life goes on...
Hugs,
Mariette
That scene looks so inviting. Lucky family!
I'm glad you got to spend time together! What a nice day you had and I wish I had a big plate of fajitas right now! Save me some...on and some chips and dip! Hugs!
Tom said…
...and I'm hoping the schools don't open here in September!!!
DUTA said…
Lovely family photo!
The dominant yellow color of the resue wheels represents optimism, happiness, warmth- all the things we need as individuals and as family.
NCSue said…
It's been several years since I've done that - such fun!
Thanks for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/07/sleeping-and-stretching-fulltime.html
Veronica Lee said…
Gorgeous family photo!

I'd love to try river rafting only if it's a hot day and the water is not cold!
It sounds like it's been a good summer. It was nice to have a last family get together. I remember not liking rafting much as a kid. Mexican food sounds good after all of that!

Popular Posts