Niagra Falls















The second sign that I am getting old is that I am starting to hate crowds.  All the things I used to snicker at my mother for are starting to affect me too.  I guess the saying "What comes around goes around" is true. Niagra Falls in the summer is crazy.  What I find even crazier is the people who sit on the fence despite signs saying not too to get what they deem the very best picture.  I am sure it is just a matter of time before some person falls and falls into the river.  Despite the crowds, Niagra Falls is worth visiting.  I have been to Niagra two other times.  Once when we were on our way to visit my family for Easter when my oldest son was just a baby, and the second time was with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law when they came to visit us when we lived in Michigan; however, the younger 4 children had never been.  The falls are pretty spectacular and it is definitely worth going on the boat ride to see the falls up close.  The kids got a big kick out of it.  After seeing the falls, we made the mistake the mistake of trying to drive to Toronto.  I thought we could squeeze in a quick trip up the CN Tower.  Little did I know the traffic in Toronto is crazy and that is, even more, the case on a sunny afternoon.  The city of Toronto is no longer a sleepy little town, but a hip and thriving city.  Little did I know and only found out from my best friend after the fact is that you can take the train from Niagra to Toronto and totally by-pass all the traffic all together.  Oh well!  Well! I am off to Anchorage.  Stay tuned for more photos from Buffalo and from Hersey, Pennsylvania along with the kids back to school photos.  They had a good first week back and school and seem to be happy with the teachers that they got.  Have a great weekend!

Comments

William Kendall said…
It's been years since I've been to the falls. Terrific shots.

If you ever go up there again, drive along the parkway north to the town of Niagara On The Lake. It's arguably the prettiest town in Canada.
Anonymous said…
You've covered many miles in one summer. Sight seeing and experiencing new geographic locations are great experiences. The smiles on your children's faces speaks to their wonderful summer travels. Your upcoming Alaska trip sounds fantastic. Susan
Barbara Rogers said…
Super to see you all immersed yourselves in this beautiful site.
Linda P said…
It looks like a lot of fun going out on the boat. The children will remember it. Well done for giving them wonderful experiences this Summer.
Junieper/Jesh said…
The kiddos seem to having a grand time! At the time they don't see the significance, but later they can say, I have been to the Niagaras (that's what I told my teens when we visited the Rembrandts, and the Louvre, etc.)
How handy to have those plastic coats, because I imagine that even when the sun shines, being drenched for a long time, could have consequences health wise!
I keep hearing your chuckle as I was reading your post! Crowds are not fun when you like to take good images - I have the same experience! At a free moment, check out Jackie's junkboat travels. She lives in Toronto - and the things she finds there are amazing! Many thanks for your fun story at All Seasons:)
italiafinlandia said…
Nice shots! I have started hating being in a crowd too... ;)
Joanne said…
Oh I can not stand crowds... we homeschool so we often vacation in the "off" season. We just went to Niagara falls last Sept. and my boys LOVED it! I had been a few times but it was their first trip. We had the best time.
Lydia C. Lee said…
I'd love to see that. Looks great!

Popular Posts