Kale with Pancetta and Mushrooms



Wow!  The last two weeks have been crazy busy!  The weekend before Halloween, I went to Nashville to do a photoshoot and sadly the compact flash would not read. So last weekend I drove back up to retake the photos. The kids had a blast with their friends, but I am not 19 anymore and driving 4 hours up and back this past weekend and the weekend before has wiped me out. I had another photoshoot yesterday.  It felt good to be working.  I made this salad a week ago and it was so dang delicious.  The recipe comes from the Pioneer Woman.

Kale with Mushroom and Pancetta Salad
  • 4 slices Thin Bacon, Cut Into Bits
  • 1 Tablespoon Butter
  • 1 whole Medium Red Onion, Halved, And Sliced
  • 8 ounces, weight White Mushrooms, Sliced
  • 1/2 cup White Wine
  • Salt And Pepper, to taste
  • 4 ounces, weight Goat Cheese Crumbled
  • 3/4 cups Olive Oil
  • 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme Leaves
  • Salt And Pepper, to taste
  • 1 bunch Kale
In a pan fry up the bacon or pancetta, drain and remove from pan and set aside.  Then in a separate pan saute the mushrooms in butter.  You can add the wine at this point, but I left that out.  I also left out the goat cheese just because I didn't have any on hand, but then I added a 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds for crunch.  In a bowl add kale and other ingredients.  Then in a separate bowl whisk together oil, balsamic vinegar, thyme, salt, pepper.  Then pour over the Kale.  Enjoy!

Comments

junieper said…
Traveling usually wipes me out too! Cool that you're having photo shoots. Go for it:):)
Thanks for the kale recipe - I see 4 favorites that I have in arugula salad - kale, bacon (the arugula salad comes with prosciutto), goat cheese, so am definitely going to try this! Many thanks for sharing with All Seasons!
Alicia said…
Sounds fabulous! I love Kale. Did you hear that Ree is coming out with The Pioneer Woman frozen meals? I read it somewhere but just tried to google info on it and it's nowhere to be found...did I maybe just dream it?
William Kendall said…
I've had kale quite infrequently. My mother occasionally put it into a casserole.
italiafinlandia said…
Hello... nice to hear from you.
Have a great week!
I like pancetta and kale is a good green veggie, so what's NOT to like with this recipe? Thanks Kelleyn.
Jeanna said…
This is a tasty recipe, I'm not big on red onions but sometimes they really add that extra flavor. Healthy and yummy AND an excuse to eat bacon, what else could you ask for.
To answer your question, I'm a Dodger fan, still licking my wounds.
Jeanie said…
This sounds pretty tasty. Bacon and onions are a favorite. I can cope with the kale!
I love mushrooms...thank you for sharing recipe.

have a wonderful weekend

Popular Posts